An Old School Catholic Message Board

Benedictines Of The Immaculate

laetitia crucis

laetitia crucis

For all you die hard Bennies! ;)

[url="http://benedictines-immaculate.blogspot.com/"]Benedictines of the Immaculate[/url]

All consecrated to Our Lady. :love:

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

I am discerning life as a benedictine father. And this order does strike i nterest but not a legitimate calling as of yet. Iam discerning The monks at Clear creek Oklahoma. Ou lady of the Annunciation abbey. They do celebrate the extraordinary rite of the mass and are very traditional the community goes way back. Check it up at clearcreekmonks.com
if any one has any good info on life as a benedictine please inform me. thank you. I ve been discerning for about a year now. And have been to the Prince of peace abbey in california.

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' post='1894857' date='Jun 17 2009, 10:55 PM']I am discerning life as a benedictine father. And this order does strike i nterest but not a legitimate calling as of yet. Iam discerning The monks at Clear creek Oklahoma. Ou lady of the Annunciation abbey. They do celebrate the extraordinary rite of the mass and are very traditional the community goes way back. Check it up at clearcreekmonks.com
if any one has any good info on life as a benedictine please inform me. thank you. I ve been discerning for about a year now. And have been to the Prince of peace abbey in california.[/quote]

One of my friends is an Oblate of the [url="http://www.osbnorcia.org/"]Benedictines of Norcia[/url], a recently re-founded monastery at St Benedict's birthplace, right now made up of somewhere between half a dozen and a dozen Americans. They like Latin but they don't have the Tridentine Mass right now because of the request of the bishop.

[quote]Summer Discernment Program
The Monastery of San Benedetto in Norcia will hold its 11th annual summer vocational discernment program in 2009 from July 6 – July 31.

The purpose of the program is to offer young men (usually age 18-30) a time to discern God’s will for their life in a more concentrated way than normal worldly circumstances permit.

Attendees will be invited to participate in the life of the monks as a way to guide their decision. The program also includes the following aspects:

[list]
[*]Readings and discussions on vocational discernment based on texts from Scripture, the Church Fathers, and the Magisterium.
[*]All the states of life (i.e. marriage, priesthood and religious life) are considered.
[*]Spiritual direction with the monks
[*]Weekly outings to important places in St. Benedict’s life (Subiaco, Monte Cassino)
[*]Weekly hikes in the mountains surrounding Norcia.
[/list]

Requirements:

[list]
[*]Open to men ages 18-30.
[*]A letter of recommendation from a priest.
[*]A $300 donation would be helpful but is not essential.
[/list]

Participants should try to arrive a few days early to get over the jet lag. To apply please write to the Subprior, Fr Benedict at benedict@osbnorcia.org.[/quote]

Rising_Suns

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' post='1894857' date='Jun 17 2009, 11:55 PM']I am discerning life as a benedictine father. And this order does strike i nterest but not a legitimate calling as of yet. Iam discerning The monks at Clear creek Oklahoma. Ou lady of the Annunciation abbey. They do celebrate the extraordinary rite of the mass and are very traditional the community goes way back. Check it up at clearcreekmonks.com
if any one has any good info on life as a benedictine please inform me. thank you. I ve been discerning for about a year now. And have been to the Prince of peace abbey in california.[/quote]

Ave Maria!

Since the Benedictines of the Immaculate came from Le Barroux, I would expect their liturgy to be very similar to that of the monks at Clear Creek (daughter house of Fontgombault).

I do hope to see good things come from this new group. It certainly seems like a powerful combination; traditional Benedictines with a 4th vow of total consecration to Our Lady.

In fact, I do not think there can be a finer development in the Benedictine tradition than this.

Davide

Edited by Rising_Suns

VeniteAdoremus

[quote]Summer Discernment Program
The Monastery of San Benedetto in Norcia will hold its 11th annual summer vocational discernment program in 2009 from July 6 – July 31.

The purpose of the program is to offer young men (usually age 18-30) a time to discern God’s will for their life in a more concentrated way than normal worldly circumstances permit.

Attendees will be invited to participate in the life of the monks as a way to guide their decision. The program also includes the following aspects:

Readings and discussions on vocational discernment based on texts from Scripture, the Church Fathers, and the Magisterium.
All the states of life (i.e. marriage, priesthood and religious life) are considered.
Spiritual direction with the monks
Weekly outings to important places in St. Benedict’s life (Subiaco, Monte Cassino)
Weekly hikes in the mountains surrounding Norcia.

Requirements:

Open to men ages 18-30.
A letter of recommendation from a priest.
A $300 donation would be helpful but is not essential.

Participants should try to arrive a few days early to get over the jet lag. To apply please write to the Subprior, Fr Benedict at benedict@osbnorcia.org.[/quote]

That's it. I am becoming a man.

...even though that would probably leave me a man with a Dominican vocation.

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1895053' date='Jun 18 2009, 02:41 AM']That's it. I am becoming a man.

...even though that would probably leave me a man with a Dominican vocation.[/quote]

:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

dominicansoul

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1895053' date='Jun 18 2009, 01:41 AM']That's it. I am becoming a man.

...even though that would probably leave me a man with a Dominican vocation.[/quote]

:lol_pound:

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1896758' date='Jun 20 2009, 03:09 PM']It wasn't meant to be funny :( (This time.)[/quote]

Sorry lamb. :grouphug: I know what you mean about the Dominican vocation.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Thomist-in-Training' post='1897841' date='Jun 22 2009, 02:11 AM']Sorry lamb. :grouphug: I know what you mean about the Dominican vocation.[/quote]

:)

I think everybody should get to know the Benedictines, though, since all other monastics grew from them in some way or other. Many things of what we consider completely "normal" about religious life (the simplest things, like having a superior, a daily schedule, a formation program) were in fact thought up by St. Benedict.

And he's so [i]sensible[/i]!

InHisLove726

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1895053' date='Jun 18 2009, 02:41 AM']That's it. I am becoming a man.

I know what you mean! I sometimes wished I was a man so I could be a Franciscan Friar of the Renewal and become a priest. I guess I have to settle for the Sisters. LOL!

dominicansoul

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1895053' date='Jun 18 2009, 01:41 AM']That's it. I am becoming a man.

I read this about a week ago, and It's still funny!!! I almost spit my coffee all over the keyboard!

Edited by dominicansoul