An Old School Catholic Message Board

Passionheart

stlmom

I guess there aren't too many left here who lurked and posted back in 2005-2007, but if you did, you might remember Passionheart. She was pretty active on the phorum for a few years. She entered the Dominican Nuns monastery in Buffalo, NY in January 2007. I received a letter from her today with the news that she has been accepted for first profession! Her ceremony will be August 28 later this year. She asked that I pass this along, as she prays for all of you in your different levels of discernment. She loves getting mail from friends, though she cannot write back to everyone.

[quote name='stlmom' post='1902261' date='Jun 26 2009, 02:49 PM']I guess there aren't too many left here who lurked and posted back in 2005-2007, but if you did, you might remember Passionheart. She was pretty active on the phorum for a few years. She entered the Dominican Nuns monastery in Buffalo, NY in January 2007. I received a letter from her today with the news that she has been accepted for first profession! Her ceremony will be August 28 later this year. She asked that I pass this along, as she prays for all of you in your different levels of discernment. She loves getting mail from friends, though she cannot write back to everyone.[/quote]

I discerned with this community for a while and am still very close to it...I must say those nuns pray for me far more than I deserve! It is wonderful news to hear this! I ask that you please hold their newest sister, Sr. Heather (postulant), in your prayers as well :)

VeniteAdoremus

Wow, passionheart up for first profession! How time flies! I wondered how she was doing a while ago, because they don't update their site much. Cough. :)

They're sans chaplain this week, he's preaching the retreat at my future community :)

Thanks for the update, stlmom :) (And NisiTe!)

How many sisters do they have now?

the lords sheep

Of course I remember Passionheart! How wonderful to hear that she will profess soon!

God bless her and her Sisters!!!!

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1902325' date='Jun 26 2009, 05:11 PM']How many sisters do they have now?[/quote]

If I remember correctly it's around 28 sisters

the lords sheep

[quote name='NisiTe' post='1902505' date='Jun 27 2009, 03:50 AM']If I remember correctly it's around 28 sisters[/quote]

WOW!!!! That's wonderful. God bless them!

Isn't that a lot for a monastery? Or do only the Carmelites have numbers restrictions....

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1902662' date='Jun 27 2009, 01:57 PM']WOW!!!! That's wonderful. God bless them!

Isn't that a lot for a monastery? Or do only the Carmelites have numbers restrictions....[/quote]

That's St. Teresa at work. :)

Dominicans don't have restrictions. They do, however, send sisters to other monasteries if they're needed: either temporary (to help out for a specific project) or permanently (many sisters in Prouille were sent there from other monasteries, which you can see in group pictures - different veil styles, etc). There's no vow of stability like the Benedictines have.

Yay! Yay! Yay! So Glad for Sr. Veronica Mary!

Her vocation story is here:

[url="http://fundforvocations.org/SrVeronicaMary"]http://fundforvocations.org/SrVeronicaMary[/url]

kavalamyself

Thanks for the update! Glad to know she is living a real life of contemplation and progressing. May God bless her!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='stlmom' post='1902261' date='Jun 27 2009, 07:49 AM']I guess there aren't too many left here who lurked and posted back in 2005-2007, but if you did, you might remember Passionheart. She was pretty active on the phorum for a few years. She entered the Dominican Nuns monastery in Buffalo, NY in January 2007. I received a letter from her today with the news that she has been accepted for first profession! Her ceremony will be August 28 later this year. She asked that I pass this along, as she prays for all of you in your different levels of discernment. She loves getting mail from friends, though she cannot write back to everyone.[/quote]
Wow, yes I remember her! What fantastic news! Send along my prayers and congratulations if you can :)

[quote name='stlmom' post='1902261' date='Jun 26 2009, 11:49 AM']I guess there aren't too many left here who lurked and posted back in 2005-2007, but if you did, you might remember Passionheart. She was pretty active on the phorum for a few years. She entered the Dominican Nuns monastery in Buffalo, NY in January 2007. I received a letter from her today with the news that she has been accepted for first profession! Her ceremony will be August 28 later this year. She asked that I pass this along, as she prays for all of you in your different levels of discernment. She loves getting mail from friends, though she cannot write back to everyone.[/quote]

I remember her! (I posted then and lurk mostly now.) That's amazing. I'm so happy for her. Please let Sister know that she's in my prayers.

• 7 months later...
sistersintigo

[quote name='DameAgnes' date='27 June 2009 - 01:19 PM' timestamp='1246123178' post='1902731']
Yay! Yay! Yay! So Glad for Sr. Veronica Mary!

Her vocation story is here:

[url="http://fundforvocations.org/SrVeronicaMary"]http://fundforvocations.org/SrVeronicaMary[/url]
[/quote]
Okay, folks, Sr. Veronica Mary's story hasn't changed, but the website did change and so the above link goes to an error page!
Here is an attempt to link correctly to her vocation story with the Mater Ecclesiae Fund.

http://www.fundforvocations.org/stories/SrVM.buffalo