An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bumpiholics

Luthien

princessgianna

Yea. Some people just don't get it. The "Over population scare" should be more accuratly name the "Underpopulation scare" Get the facts!
here is a good minute video! [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZVOU5bfHrM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZVOU5bfHrM[/url]

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1946759' date='Aug 12 2009, 12:27 AM']Yea. Some people just don't get it. The "Over population scare" should be more accuratly name the "Underpopulation scare" Get the facts!
here is a good minute video! [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZVOU5bfHrM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZVOU5bfHrM[/url][/quote]
Agreed, but still not the point of the article. The author (in my view, at least) is not attempting to put down women who want children or large families, and I saw no statement that had anything to do with overpopulation.

princessgianna

[quote]In 2007 alone, American women birthed more than 4.3 million babies — the highest number ever.[/quote]

Ok so was it wasn't totally screaming "over population". However it was implied.

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1946782' date='Aug 12 2009, 12:36 AM']Ok so was it wasn't totally screaming "over population". However it was implied.[/quote]
I guess I didn't read that into that sentence, partly because I read it in the context of the whole article. Like, where she states that the average number of children in the American family is hovering around 2.

DevotedtoHim

I actually thought this was a thread about people who bump topics to keep them high on the list....

Ooops!

Katherine

I keep on reading the title of this thread thinking "Seriously? Is it [i]that[/i] big of a deal that people occasionally bump a thread or ten?" <_<

[quote name='rachael' post='1946802' date='Aug 12 2009, 02:56 AM']I keep on reading the title of this thread thinking "Seriously? Is it [i]that[/i] big of a deal that people occasionally bump a thread or ten?" <_<[/quote]

:lol: I almost put a thing in the subtitle to clarify that...

Terra- I suppose that the article struck a nerve because I am a pregnant whale, that and hubby and I tried a long time to get pregnant. I was pretty heartbroken throughout the ordeal, and wrestled with feelings of inadequacy and feeling useless as a woman. Sure, these were irrational, but not abnormal or some sort of addiction like crack. :lol: I guess the point of the article was lost on me and I did not interpret it as you did.

[quote name='rachael' post='1946802' date='Aug 12 2009, 12:56 AM']I keep on reading the title of this thread thinking "Seriously? Is it [i]that[/i] big of a deal that people occasionally bump a thread or ten?" <_<[/quote]
Yeah. Same here. I've been bumping stuff recently. I was expecting a lame rant.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1946652' date='Aug 12 2009, 12:16 AM']Sounds like the octomom.[/quote]

Any other guy here think that octomom is really, really cute?

I've never heard her talk either so that might help. Just her picture next to a link that I don't open.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1946815' date='Aug 12 2009, 03:11 AM']Yeah. Same here. I've been bumping stuff recently. I was expecting a lame rant.[/quote]

:sadwalk:

[quote name='Paddington' post='1946830' date='Aug 12 2009, 12:20 AM']I like to think that even most "bad parents" really care about their kids a lot in an unselfish way.

:unsure:[/quote]
let's hope so.

[quote name='Luthien' post='1946819' date='Aug 12 2009, 01:14 AM']:sadwalk:[/quote]
But then, I saw it was from Luthien, so all was made clearer... and I decided to click the link. If it wasn't by you, I would have hesitated.

How's L_D?

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1946842' date='Aug 12 2009, 03:29 AM']But then, I saw it was from Luthien, so all was made clearer... and I decided to click the link. If it wasn't by you, I would have hesitated.

How's L_D?[/quote]

Haha sorry, Im a tad sensitive lately.

L_D is well, very excited to be a daddy. ^_^

[quote name='Luthien' post='1946843' date='Aug 12 2009, 01:33 AM']Haha sorry, Im a tad sensitive lately.

L_D is well, very excited to be a daddy. ^_^[/quote]
Excellent. His presence is missed here. But I am guessing he's over-the-top busy. I understand. I bet he's excited that he's a daddy!