An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Vocation Story

Guest KevinSymonds

Guest KevinSymonds

[url="http://d-rium.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-vocation-story-in-brevis.html"]My Vocation Story in Brevis ("brief")[/url]

InHisLove726

I literally had tears in my eyes at the end of the story. It just goes to show that putting trust in God never goes unrewarded! :D During my reading, I remembered this quote, and I think your story summarizes it:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths."--Proverbs 3:5-6

I will be praying daily for your vocation and your debt. I hope that you find the relief you seek. Just keep trusting in the Lord! :)

puellapaschalis

[quote name='KevinSymonds' post='1949746' date='Aug 15 2009, 10:41 PM']I am now Br. Gregory Symonds.[/quote]

Congrats!

Now be sure to keep your habit clean, because you won't be getting another one until first vows ;)

InHisLove726

[quote name='KevinSymonds' post='1949746' date='Aug 15 2009, 04:41 PM']I am now Br. Gregory Symonds.[/quote]

:yahoo:

Congratulations!!!

The first time i saw your blog is when you posted the letters. oh, i've seen the journey, and it's great. i love watching vocation journeys (like the nun who live in a convent near us, just received her black veil. she's very happy, and quite shy since people are looking at her always) but anyway, God bless you!

God bless you, Brother Gregory, as you continue your formation in the religious life. I too have much debt. Please, let us pray for one another? I will certainly pray for you in all your spiritual and temporal needs.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest KevinSymonds

[quote name='HisChild' date='16 August 2009 - 01:45 AM' timestamp='1250401552' post='1950296']
God bless you, Brother Gregory, as you continue your formation in the religious life. I too have much debt. Please, let us pray for one another? I will certainly pray for you in all your spiritual and temporal needs.
[/quote]

I rejoice to tell everyone that some generous benefactors have offered to retire my remaining debts.

Please rejoice with me and give thanks to God for such a powerful grace and mercy!

If you would also please keep the benefactors in your prayers as well!

Peace!
-Br. Gregory

Oh, that is just amazing! God really does work for good for those who love Him. Praise God for the wonderful generosity of your benefactors. I will keep them and you in prayer.

God bless you,

HisChild

+Praised Be Jesus Christ!

Dear Brother Gregory,

May God reward you for answering His call His generously and for sharing your story. May it inspire and encourage others. It is indeed lovely to hear from a young man here!

God bless you!

Pax!!!

TradMom

[quote name='KevinSymonds' date='12 September 2009 - 12:08 PM' timestamp='1252768082' post='1965269']
I rejoice to tell everyone that some generous benefactors have offered to retire my remaining debts.

Please rejoice with me and give thanks to God for such a powerful grace and mercy!

Peace!
-Br. Gregory
[/quote]

Yeah! Wooh-hoo! Aleluya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='KevinSymonds' date='12 September 2009 - 11:08 AM' timestamp='1252768082' post='1965269']

Peace!
-Br. Gregory
[/quote]

That's wonderful news!!! God be praised!!! :yahoo:

AccountDeleted

Thank you for sharing that inspiring story with us all. God is very generous with those who offer Him their all and I am so glad that things have worked out for you! :pray:

AccountDeleted

Thank you for sharing that inspiring story with us all. God is very generous with those who offer Him their all and I am so glad that things have worked out for you! :pray: