An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Dummy Question Re Blogs

BarbTherese

BarbTherese

Hi Barb, I'm so glad you managed to get it sorted. Your blog sounds amesome, I'm interested in seeing what you end up writing! A meet-up definitely sounds fun. I've never been to Adelaide (or even to SA). Sounds like you're in a nice area. I will pray for you over the next few months :)

Re. the browse and upload part of WordPress: when you're creating a new post, you'll see a button saying "Add Media". If you hit that, it should come up with a window titled "Insert Media" and which gives you the options to "Drop files anywhere to upload" or to "Select files". If you choose to "Select files", your picture files should open for you to browse and upload.

Thanks for sharing your story. It was a beautiful and insightful read. As someone who loves creative writing, I really enjoyed it! :)

Oh wow ! Just accessed your profile on Phatmass!  Also the link to the religious order to which you aspire here in Australia and one with a religious life aspirant with a quite profound spirituality I am confident of this just from reading your Posts - (I am also a trained counsellor from my early twenties).  I have tears in my eyes.  Am I going to get to know another beautiful religious sister in Australia.  I sure hope so and you are going on my written intentions list for Saturday Rosary and your discernment especially WHEN I GET MY ACT BACK TOGETHER RE MY FORMAL PRAYER TIMES!!! I am in a bit of hurry now to turn away from the computer - but I did access the link to the religious order to which you aspire.  I read about the 11 martyr's during WWII what an horrific story and one of the reasons I had tears in my eyes.  An horrific story but a moving and very humbling one.  It is cause to give adoration, praise and thanks to God - but only in my will I am afraid, my emotions are quite overcome by the story of these Sisters and my heart is down in my boots with the terrible horror of it - and especially the Sister taken out into the woods and shot. I see too that the Order is in numerous states in Australia - and in religious habits - oh wow oh wow oh wow.  What spirituality do they follow? Dominican -  Franciscan etc. etc.

I haven't perused the whole site of your religious order, but will do so at some later point.  There is much on it.  I want too to research the meaning of your user name on Phatmass.

I have a date with myself to return to your pofile at some point as some of what you wrote, I need to really think about to internalize.  It was beautiful if probably most of it went overmy head on just a quick read anyway.

Gosh, if we Aussie Phatmassers ever got together, I'd be with a bunch of people that will be in religious life one day in hope.. I'm presuming that is that we are all females and all bar me discerning religious life.  if not - wow - perhaps a priest or two or even religious brother.  I am over awed indeed.  I would be so honoured I would be totally overcome I am sure.

I must go - 2.39pm and I have been on this computer since around 9am or so!!!!

Stay safe, be happy, God bless you and your studies at Uni and all your intentions, hopes and dreams................and you just keep on being you!  I am so often in the Vocations Forum, I think that all Phatmassers are discerning religious life,. consecrated life in some form or the priesthood.  And if the user name does not identify our male of the species, I presume we are all of the female gender.

:smile4:

My Blog: www.gaudiumbethany.wordpress.com/

Edited by BarbaraTherese

Spem in alium

'Allo! I'm glad you found it, sometimes things can go missing! 

I just had a hunt around re. the deleting question, and found this: http://en.support.wordpress.com/delete-site/

No problem at all. I'm glad to have been able to help :) Thanks for the funny story  :hehe2: I definitely agree with you about the attitudes of people, society and institutions towards mental illness (and physical disability, even). It's so sad. There's a lot of false stereotyping for sure. Thanks for the address too, I'll make sure I read it :)

And thank you, thank you, thank you! - for the lovely comments about my profile and discernment. I love the sisters so much! Thank you for praying for me, and know that you're in my prayers too. Yes, it's such a beautiful and sad story. I do know they have their own Rule, called "The Covenant of Love". They are very focused on the Trinity and the family, especially the Holy Family ;) I'll have to find out about the charism and spirituality.

Haha, my username is pretty understandable if you use Google :P

I think so! I know there are a couple of Aussie priests here, and Tab (who is male), as well as another young woman discerning religious life :) So maybe most of us will end up religious! :P

Stay safe and may you be abundantly blessed!

BarbTherese

I have decided to delete my blog on www.gaudiumbethany.wordpress.com and the first  one is gone already - and the most recent, I hope is gone too, although I am yet to check.  For me, it is too time consuming and I think could get too personal eventually to just publish on the internet on a blog.  My problem is I think possibly that my whole way of life has come to a temporary stop until after I recover from surgery and put it together again and that wont be difficult at all.  I already know that Vinnies will welcome be back voluntary in their offices and wholeheartedly - and ironing clients are not hard to find at all, just takes patience sometimes and one client has indicated that she will be back for sure.  My immediate 'problem' is time on my hands and I am just not condtioned to having nothing at all to do.  And it will take time and patience before I have adjusted psychologically.  The Lord and His Grace is always on our side without fail in all things "all things work together for those who love God" (St Paul)

I think I started the blog as I have too much time on my hands and have been asked by the doc to take things very easy and I am used to a busy life or one that has demands here and then there as it were.  I think I might have started the blog too in something of a 'flight of the imagination'.  Sometimes, being a Bipolar sufferer one can go off the rails of sanity but not severely and quite temporarily, even mildly, or at least I can -  and my flight of the imagination could have been that.  I dont know.  Being a bit of a creative bod, it is not hard for common sense, judgement etc. etc. to be taken over by imagination and creativity (and this can be positive or negative) and with potential flights of the imagination off into I dont know where.

Truth of the matter is I dont really know for sure what prompted me to begin a blog - but I dont think that it is a good idea at all to spend so much time on a computer, when I have other quite creative things and far more relaxing than Wordpress (at least for me!) I could be doing besides typing on a computer - and creative investment that I know are positive and productive.  Nor, in actuality, having reflected on my ideas for a blog do I now think that it is wise nor prudent to put so much so personal info past and present onto a computer and to focus on my own life in a very focused way reflecting both into the past and on the now.  Very often I do on both Phatmass and Catholic Answers forums - but it is not at all time consuming relatively speaiking (compared to time spent on Wordpress over the past day or two) and for some reason, I have no concerns nor qualms, reservations past nor present, about Phatmass & Catholic Answers and as a contributor to threads both in the past nor in hope in the future.  I also find Wordpress very confusing and mentally taxing and perhaps the novelty of this blog business has worn off.  Someone can write a blog and their blog is absolutely terrific and they are gifted in the doing.  They are Graced.  I dont think it is my particular gift nor Grace however - rather in potential a flight of my imagination off into 'a wild blue yonder' somewhere or other.

My very real apologies, but once I have posted this I am deleting the blog and also changing my signature (I have done this already) and deleting the link to the blog from my signature (now done also).  I am feeling relieved already!  I am so sorry to have started a ball rolling and then picked it up and put it in my pocket out of play as it were.

Apologies :blush:

BarbTherese

'Allo! I'm glad you found it, sometimes things can go missing! 

I just had a hunt around re. the deleting question, and found this: http://en.support.wordpress.com/delete-site/

No problem at all. I'm glad to have been able to help :) Thanks for the funny story  :hehe2: I definitely agree with you about the attitudes of people, society and institutions towards mental illness (and physical disability, even). It's so sad. There's a lot of false stereotyping for sure. Thanks for the address too, I'll make sure I read it :)

And thank you, thank you, thank you! - for the lovely comments about my profile and discernment. I love the sisters so much! Thank you for praying for me, and know that you're in my prayers too. Yes, it's such a beautiful and sad story. I do know they have their own Rule, called "The Covenant of Love". They are very focused on the Trinity and the family, especially the Holy Family ;) I'll have to find out about the charism and spirituality.

Haha, my username is pretty understandable if you use Google :P

I think so! I know there are a couple of Aussie priests here, and Tab (who is male), as well as another young woman discerning religious life :) So maybe most of us will end up religious! :P

Stay safe and may you be abundantly blessed!

Thank you again, SAI, for all the patient and very clear assistance you gave me.  I was up until the early hours of this morning on that jolly blog and today and not feeling the best (probably due to punching my 'body clock' where it hurts :) ).  I am about to have something to eat and go off to bed and take medication in emergencies or difficulty (this is more a difficulty!) that will ensure that I am out like alight for anything up to 10 hours or so.  And what I need I think.  I had to get up on the alarm after a few your sleep as I had someone calling - I would have like to have slept until I woke naturally. Ahhhh the plans of mice and men...............and "man proposes, God disposes" :hehe2:

I do apologize most sincerely to you especially re taking down the blog when you were so helpful to me re finding my way round Wordpress.  Forgive me, but I desperately, I think, need to have something to eat, medication and go to bed. Tomorrow will dawn a new day and the today somewhere in this filing cabinet I call "memory" and glad to file it!!! :)  I am praying that with the dawn of tomorrow, common sense, judgement, prudence and wisdom etc. etc will have taken any flight of the imagination into tight control and shove it into the backseat with all the rest of my junk and rubbish.................oh dear, something like that.  I am exhausted!

Stay safe and take care and God bless you and yours, all your intentions.............cacha round the place on Phatmass for sure, no worries (who knows, perhaps one day we will meet in person)  - please forgive me!.....................Barb

Spem in alium

Barb, you definitely don't need to apologise! :) I'm not hurt, offended or anything. I was happy to help and I totally understand if you're taking it down - it can be hard to maintain a blog on top of maintaining life, sometimes. I hope you're feeling better and that you have a good night's rest. 
Thank you for the lovely words of blessing; may you be blessed also! See you round! And again, don't worry at all :) I'm just happy I could help!

BarbTherese

Thank you very much indeed.  I knew you would forgive me and understand, but I also knew I still had to express an apology.  Yep, slept like a log and went to bed early - feeling heaps better today. :)  A blog is just not my cuppa tea, while for others it is and I felt you would understand this also.

I shall see you round the place for sure!

God bless...............Barb :)