An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rad Trad Vocation?

Lefebvre

Thanks for the reply. So how many Sedevacantist organizations are there? I know of the SSPV, CMRI, and the Most Holy Family Monestary (but they may not have parishes).

CMRI, SSPV, and then St Gertrude the Great Church and apostolate in Ohio. SGG is run by a bishop -- can't remember whether it's +Sanborn or +Dolan -- and they also run the Most Holy Trinity Seminary down in Florida. There are also a handful of independent sede parishes, which are usually run by graduates of Most Holy Trinity. Most Holy Family are straight nuts, and hate the rest of the sedes for various and sundry crazypants reasons.

Poorly Catechized Convert

Thanks for the information. His do the CMRI view St. Gertrude the Great? How are the independent parishes viewed.

I was aware of how THF was perceived. While I disagree with the sedevacantist position, I'd never judge the movement based on how MHF acts.

Thanks for the information. His do the CMRI view St. Gertrude the Great? How are the independent parishes viewed.

I was aware of how THF was perceived. While I disagree with the sedevacantist position, I'd never judge the movement based on how MHF acts.

CMRI and SGG are quite friendly, their priests tend to co-operate.

• 3 weeks later...

+ Hi Lefebvre,

I just wanted to say that I (unfortunately) rarely see a trad Catholic argue with such charity and patience, and I would like to thank you for doing your small bit to improve the image of trads everywhere.

:-)

In Him,

curiousing

puellapaschalis

There are more of them. One of the things I learnt once I switched to the Trid Mass was not only that there are plenty of trads (and some sedes) who are genuinely lovely people, including when we're talking about Catholicism, but that getting over myself for more than half a minute to listen to them could show me why they're 'trads' in the first place, and hence to reduce my vitriol against them.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/11/2014 at 10:30 PM, Nihil Obstat said:

God could not possibly call someone to a vocation which constituted disobedience to the just exercise of ecclesiastical authority. I think that should be an uncontroversial principle. The more difficult part is determining exactly what constitutes this form of disobedience. Obviously authority can be exercised in an unjust manner, in which case disobedience to the earthly power can constitute true obedience to God's perfect law.

In my opinion, the SSPV and CMRI do not fall into this category. I believe their rejection of modern popes is neither justified nor prudent.

If you are curious, and if it adds to my 'street cred', many people on this site would probably categorize me in the rad-trad camp, although semantically there is a lot of debate as to what actually defines the 'radical' aspect.

That's pretty much my take. That being said, as a layman, I really couldn't care less what the facultative situation is with the priest saying Mass so I would, in all likelihood, attend the Mass the OP might eventually say, should there be no other, more regular options.