An Old School Catholic Message Board

What " America's Ratzinger" Would Like To Ask Pope Francis

PhuturePriest

I love Papa and my favorite part about him is his humility... I bet he loves to hear from people outside the bubble like Cardinal George. :)

Bishops could object to Pope Benedict telling them to make the Latin Mass available in their dioceses if they wanted to. The difference is that Pope Benedict told them to, and they were supposed to comply. They had no right not to, and no just reason other than "I just don't like the Extraordinary Form." It's a matter of discipline and obedience, as well as unjust bigotry towards the Traditionalist community.

However, that isn't even slightly comparable to the current situation, where the Pope is saying things that are confusing loyal Catholics and the media alike. If the Pope says something which is causing harm and confusion, we have a right to ask him what he means by his words, and he has a responsibility to do answer. He is the Successor of Saint Peter, and it's his responsibility to help the Church, and if something he said accidentally caused harm (Which I have no doubt that he didn't intend for it to do so), then he has a responsibility to clarify and elaborate so that the Church isn't thrown into a void of confusion and speculation over what the Pope might've meant.

Again, you are right and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

PhuturePriest

Again, you are right and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

I have waited three years for a Phatmasser to finally say those words to me.

PhuturePriest

I love Papa and my favorite part about him is his humility... I bet he loves to hear from people outside the bubble like Cardinal George. :)

Didn't Francis famously call a local traditionalist who criticized him and thank him for looking at his (Francis') words critically and not just blindly following them?

Uh, how does this article have anything to do with being a traditionalist, conservative , or liberal?

Edited by Batman

PhuturePriest

Uh, what does this article have anything to do with being a traditionalist, conservative , or liberal?

Unfortunately you can't really say anything concerning the Pope or liturgy without Traditionalism and all the rest being brought up and debated, as was seen with Nihil's recent thread which had nothing to do with Traditionalism.

Edited by PhuturePriest

Uh, what does this article have anything to do with being a traditionalist, conservative , or liberal?

No idea, but you are probably an uncharitable and self righteous trad for asking.

Uh, how does this article have anything to do with being a traditionalist, conservative , or liberal?

Surely you've been around Phatmass long enough to know that almost every post these days is about traddies being more knowledgable than moderate or liberal Catholics. Traddies are smarter, better read, and all around better Catholics than the rest of us. I just figured if I started agreeing with them, then they'd feel more secure in their superiority and those who have been bullied out of posting anymore might come back so I'd have someone to talk to again.

Surely you've been around Phatmass long enough to know that almost every post these days is about traddies being more knowledgable than moderate or liberal Catholics. Traddies are smarter, better read, and all around better Catholics than the rest of us. I just figured if I started agreeing with them, then they'd feel more secure in their superiority and those who have been bullied out of posting anymore might come back so I'd have someone to talk to again.

Those are accusations which would seem to require some form of evidence.

PhuturePriest

Would you mind naming the people who feel they were bullied off a phorum of 45 regular people by a grand total of six outspoken traditionalists, two of whom rarely post?

Edited by PhuturePriest

The problem is the traddies on phatmass think that they know all the right answers. I'm tired of being treated like I'm not a real catholic or not a good enough catholic because I don't agree with something they believe. I'm tired of my phatmass friends disappearing because they are tired of the fight. I'm tired of hate mail when I post in the scholars section.

That anyone would send you hate mail when you post in the Scholars section is terrible. 

Would you mind naming the people who feel they were bullied off a phorum of 45 regular people by a grand total of six outspoken traditionalists, two of whom rarely post?

I don't see why this would be helpful or necessary. 

If that is a problem you feel is happening on Phatmass, then start a thread about it. Why bring that into a thread which didn't even promote such a discussion? The cardinal himself could hardly be called a Traddie and if he is asking for clarification from the Holy Father then there is no need to call this an instance of Traddie superiority behavior.

PhuturePriest

I don't see why this would be helpful or necessary. 

It would be helpful at the very least to name the people who are allegedly doing the bullying, and then naming the people who were allegedly bullied off the phorum so we can hopefully find out what happened. Is it a matter of people being oversensitive, is it a matter of people legitimately bullying others off the phorum with forceful debating and mocking? These are serious accusations that need to be looked into. If they are false, then okay. If they are not, that's very serious and the behavior needs to be stopped because it is detrimental to the health and well-being of the phorum. However, assuming the accusations are right, we will never know unless we investigate. Assuming they are wrong, we will never know unless we investigate.