An Old School Catholic Message Board

Making Jesus Real

BarbTherese

http://cathnews.com/cn-perspectives/26938-the-practical-importance-of-making-jesus-real

Excerpt only:

"A smile to someone who looks stressed, a prayer for someone who has hurt me, spending time to listen to someone "vent," being gentle and forgiving of my own mistakes, are all ways we can show Mercy. These are all ways we can be Christ for others and for ourselves......".............

..........."...........I would say that for many people, being merciful to oneself is probably the hardest thing to do. To believe with all our heart that God loves us and will never turn His back on us, that there is nothing one can do that can’t be forgiven, that when God forgives it is real, is to believe in a marvellously powerful and transforming reality.

We need first, however, to forgive ourselves and never say that our own personal sins are greater than God’s Mercy for us.

We need to remember that no matter the state of our lives, our mistakes, our misery, our feelings of helplessness, our feelings of being unwanted and unloved, that the reality of God’s longing and love for us is constant and true. We need to try to remember that we are always precious to God, no matter what. God is always waiting for us, always longing to forgive, to heal and to give us rest.