An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hanceville PCPA's

Totally Franciscan

Totally Franciscan

Yesterday I received a newsletter from the PCPA's with a photo of the community.  I was shocked to see the three nuns from Texas in the photo.  On research, I see where the bishop of San Antonio asked them to leave the diocese, and they returned to the Hanceville Motherhouse.  Very sad turn of events.  Several months ago, I was curious as to what the Knights of the Holy Eucharist were up to.  I was shocked to learn that the Vatican asked them to leave Hanceville; they are now welcomed in Lincoln, Nebraska by the bishop there.  The Knights were established by Mother Angelica to help the nuns manage the grounds, retreats, and in general be of service to the cloistered nuns.  I wonder who is doing that now.  Anyone know what is going on in Hanceville?

beatitude

If someone is discerning with the Hanceville Poor Clares, these questions might be relevant, but I have the uncomfortable sense that as a general discussion it has the potential to get gossipy very quickly (as previous threads on Hanceville have). I know that the PCPAs are in the spotlight, due to the prominence of Mother Angelica and EWTN, but I don't think this is good grounds for us to add to all the speculation that surrounds them. It doesn't aid anyone's discernment.

• beatitude locked this topic