An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would Donald Trump make a great Catholic!?

dUSt

Melania Trump does already!

Anyone can make a great Catholic. He has also put a lot of faithful Catholics in government - court appointments and other things. Let's pray for him...

Gospel Reading - Matthew 19,23-30

Jesus said to his disciples, 'In truth I tell you, it is hard for someone rich to enter the kingdom of Heaven. Yes, I tell you again, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for someone rich to enter the kingdom of Heaven.'
When the disciples heard this they were astonished. 'Who can be saved, then?' they said. Jesus gazed at them. 'By human resources', he told them, 'this is impossible; for God everything is possible.'

Donald maybe a philanderer  stretch the truth a bit but  he advocates  for the unborn and  as far as I can tell supports his wife and children 

At least he’s not a hypocrite like some of the high-profile  Pro abortion Catholics who shall remain Unnamed.

It's cool to be rich (financially) as long as you are poor in spirit. Unfortunately, I think Trump needs to work on his "poor in spirit" thing. 

Yes, it would a great if he became Catholic,  a truly believing and living Catholic, a Christian, a divinized follower of Jesus Christ. Probably--- Definitely, the only way to get him be a decent human being who does good not to please anyone but only to please God.

I also pray I become really Catholic too. That would be amesome.

Edited by Seven77

1 hour ago, Seven77 said:

Yes, it would a great if he became Catholic,  a truly believing and living Catholic, a Christian, a divinized follower of Jesus Christ. Probably--- Definitely, the only way to get him be a decent human being who does good not to please anyone but only to please God.

I also pray I become really Catholic too. That would be amesome.

You are very wise. 

when you say can trump be catholic, i assume you mean a 'good' catholic. 

trump would need to learn humility in submitting to someone like the pope. 

trump has said he has no need to ask God for forgiveness, and said his favorite bible verse is 'an eye for an eye'. so obviously trump would need to repent and change his mindset substantially. 

Lilllabettt

Speculation on my part: Trump's issues began when he struggled with reading. Different tapes exist - depositions, where hes asked to read from a document, or when he was a guest on SNL and had to read from a script - theres decent evidence that he can't read. Or he struggles at least, big time, to read. Probably he's dyslexic. 65 years ago, that diagnosis wasnt known, understood, or tolerated. Probably when he was growing up, he was ashamed, bullied by classmates, scolded by teachers and parents, made to feel stupid and small. He survived by learning to conceal things, never admitting to weakness, faking overconfidence, making others feel small and doubt themselves rather than him.

If Trump finds a way to heal that childhood wound sure... hed be a great Catholic. God would be glorified indeed if he had a road to Damascus experience where he was instantly changed ... so we should pray for that. For the glory of God.

6 hours ago, Lilllabettt said:

. God would be glorified indeed if he had a road to Damascus experience where he was instantly changed ... so we should pray for that. For the glory of God.

:like2:

No one is beyond salvation, conversion, and The Grace of God.  Look at St Augustine and his life pre:stars: and post:bishop: conversion.

Come to think of it he would fit in perfect with some of the trads I've met on Facebook. The one's who post racist s h I t. Actually call black people the n word in their post's and say white people shouldn't marry or have kids with black people. All while having some religious photos as their profile and cover pictures.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

In Canada we have a Prime Minister who will pray and bow with muslims to a prayer understood by muslims as a declaration of fidelity to their prophet - yet he will not be seen near a Church or speak in any way of Christianity unless it is accompanied by disclaimer or deragotory comments.

Trump at least mentions God and faith, will dare say things like "God bless America.".

Would Trump be a good Catholic..?

Well he wouldnt be a Saint, but i dare say he would be a better catholic than some...

Edited by Didacus

On 7/12/2019 at 4:49 PM, dUSt said:

It's cool to be rich (financially) as long as you are poor in spirit. Unfortunately, I think Trump needs to work on his "poor in spirit" thing. 

I dunno. A lot of people say that but does the Church actually teach it? 

At least to me, from the Catechism it seems that it could only be cool if you choose to give your excess away to the poor people who need it. I dunno if a person can be poor in spirit while remaining materially rich . . . Seems incongruent.