An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayer Requests

tinytherese

tinytherese

I don't know the full details, but I've been told by my parents that my younger brother has mental health problems and spent at least part of a night in jail this past spring. Mom doesn't want to share the specifics with me out of privacy for him. That isn't the easiest thing to do since we live in the same house and I keep hearing my brother argue with her. It's tense between them.

On top of that, I recently started a new job and today was my first official day doing the work since yesterday covered training. It went badly. This is made harder by the fact that it's a work from home position and my supervisor is in another town. I've been having technology problems and some of my shift are outside of business hours. Even if I did get a hold of them, it may not go well since we're not in the same location.

My other brother is arriving from out of state tonight for a few days. Nobody bothered to mention it to me until yesterday while discussing it with other people while I happened to be in the room. Today my aunt and uncle spontaneously decided to visit tonight from a different state.

tinytherese

Thank you for the prayers. The technology problems at work have been solved. I talked to them with my team lead when I went to pick up additional equipment for my job. I was able to demonstrate to her on her office computer what was happening and that clarified some things. It turns out that I misunderstood one of the directions. There were some other tips and another problem that she helped with me. The added equipment makes things easier as well.

It's annoying that my schedule is constantly changing. The last couple of days were hard because I had one shift that ended at 10 at night and then my next shift began the next day at 6 a.m.

I got to see my aunt and uncle for a while. I haven't seen much of my brother and his wife. They just had to arrive when some family members including me were scheduled to work. I saw them during a couple of my breaks. Supposedly, we'll see them today, but maybe that'll change.

• 2 weeks later...
tinytherese

There's another situation at work that I'm struggling with. I need further training. What I got wasn't enough. I was given permission not to do that task until I felt confident in doing it and that I'd be trained further. I was practically having a meltdown yesterday about it.

My job is to verify requests for COVID testing. I'm able to do that, but now we have some hours scheduled where we're supposed to answer questions on the hotline. There are just so many different things that people call to ask about. I wish that we had scripts for what to say. I'm confused about what the answers are. We can't transfer calls or give out contact information for someone who could help them most of the time.

We have a website that we can walk them through to answer some of their inquiries but each time I try to read what's on there I can't understand it. I work from home because of the quarantine restrictions, so I can't just ask a grab a coworker or supervisor. I can IM and email, but that's not the fastest way to get information. Besides, I find it easier if someone is right there with me or shadow someone who handles real calls.

tinytherese

Now they're saying that as of right now we won't be expected to work on the hotline because of the strong demand for verification and data entry. I think it would make more sense to hire people to answer questions on the hotline. Considering how many people are unemployed in these times, surely there are people who'd happily apply for such a position.