An Old School Catholic Message Board

Absolutely amazing ....

BarbTherese

... story of outstanding courage, heroic courage, in a husband and his wife - his children and family.  It is a story of how easily and indeed quickly an infection can become very serious indeed - video is 30 mins or so.  There is so very much to commend this story including medical staff. 

Australian Story is a regular TV program on ABC Channel 2, usually on a Monday night.  Back episodes from Channel 2 programs are available on iview and are uploaded on (I hope uploaded is correct) to the site a few days or so after the episode is aired. ABC iview - HERE

HumilityAndPatience

Thanks for posting this @BarbaraTherese I watched this and was very touched. I find it important watching things like this. Of course, it does depend on individual temperament but this kind of story touches my heart and reminds me of what truly matters in life. 

I can find videos like this heart wrenching and it was.  I wanted to watch it through, however, as I felt his kind of heroism and that of his wife and children, his family, asked me, I felt, that I do watch it.  

Yes, it moved me to be grateful for what matters in life, highlighted by the story.  I was grateful too for medicos and medicine and did wonder how those living in long ago years actually handled some serious trauma. We are blest with medicos and medicine.  I have had a couple of major surgeries and am oh so grateful for anesthetists and anesthesia.