An Old School Catholic Message Board

Foot Jewelry... To Wear or Not to Wear?

PaxCordisJesu

PaxCordisJesu

What are y'all's opinions on toe rings, barefoot sandals, and anklets? Immodest or not? Crazy? Or amesome?

How would you wear them? Double and triple them? Wear both rings and anklets on the same foot? Thoughts anyone?

I personally just discovered them, and am loving them!! :cool: But I do think they should only be worn in specific places. Definitely not a church ornament!

Edited by PaxCordisJesu

SicutColumba

I think that it’s perfectly fine and not at all a question of modesty (unless you’re spending inordinate time choosing your stuff, obsessing over your jewelry, etc.). Maybe for mass something subtle would be good, but at my trad parish women and girls sometimes wear a simple anklet (nothing distracting) in the summer. People wear rings and multiple bracelets on their hands in everyday life and I see absolutely nothing wrong with wearing things on your feet either.  I like anklets but I’ve never thought of trying toe rings (just because I didn’t know that existed!) and people come to church in barefoot sandals all the time and it’s not distracting and looks respectful if you pair it with the right stuff. Go for it, you have my blessing if that means anything!

• 2 weeks later...
Ash Wednesday

I don't view feet as being immodest so I don't see an issue with jewelry on your feet.  I used to wear one of those jingly hippy anklets with long flowy skirts back when I was a bit of a 90s granola girl. What a flashback. Wouldn't recommend wearing something like that to mass, though, or noisy jangly jewelry in general, simply because the noises can be distracting. 

• 2 weeks later...

On a woman an ankle bracelet could be cute. On a man not so much. Just my opinion.

I mean really. Who want's to look at a man's foot? No need to draw attention to it.

Edited by Peace

• 2 months later...