An Old School Catholic Message Board

Made it back to mass for the first time in over a year

eustace-scrubb2

eustace-scrubb2

It was a last-minute decision, as I didn't get any sleep, but the weather was finally tolerable.  I really needed it (obviously).  Have a lot of good things to say, but one negative thing... the regular priest is out on medical leave. :( The good news (of which there is much!!!) is that two young priests took over in May and seem to be doing a good job.  The one I talked to after the service impressed me with his kindness and sincerity.  I didn't take the Eucharist, because it's been over a year since my last confession.  They don't have the sacrament of reconciliation until Saturday, unfortunately, so I'm going to have to wait for that... 

Some good news is that two of the parishes in the general area (and border the local university) have linked up with them to work together and coordinate regularly in order to increase outreach, create more community, and do other things together.  This is kind of a big deal, because one of these parishes is on the same street as the main Planned Parenthood in the city.  And that parish is rather small.

Btw the mass was in Novus Ordo and I had a personal revelation during it - I saw a vision of a lightning bolt come down and strike the chalice when it was blessed and a cloud came from it , rushing through the cathedral as though there was an explosion.  Needless to say, God put me in my place... lol

2 hours ago, eustace-scrubb2 said:

because it's been over a year since my last confession

One year? I'd be walking around with a bullet-proof vest and a life-preserver on.

ave_maria1315

That's amesome! On Wednesday I plan to go to Mass for the first time in a long time. Glad you could make it  :)

eustace-scrubb2
51 minutes ago, ave_maria1315 said:

That's amesome! On Wednesday I plan to go to Mass for the first time in a long time. Glad you could make it  :)

That's great!!  And thank you! :)