An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nice article on New Poor Clare Novice in Roswell

DameAgnes

16 hours ago, Makarioi said:

Awww, reminds me of Emma Berry......wonder how she's doing

I was thinking that very same thing!!

Every time I see that community mentioned, I think of her. We all were pretty much invested in her journey up and until she finally entered. Then reading the updates on her via her mom posting on here. 

StThereseMaria
3 hours ago, nikita92 said:

I was thinking that very same thing!!

Every time I see that community mentioned, I think of her. We all were pretty much invested in her journey up and until she finally entered. Then reading the updates on her via her mom posting on here. 

Do you know what happened to her

On 2/2/2022 at 5:33 PM, StThereseMaria said:

Do you know what happened to her

If memory serves me correctly, I believe she entered a community in New England somewhere.  Didn't her mom have a quilting site / blog? 

Karla (Karla discerning vocation) is another.  Didn't  she enter Carmel in Croatia or Poland? Her sister was Dominican.....

And the twins, Phoenix and Cheyenne

Sorry about the memories...... :)

If I remember correctly:

- The twins discerned out of religious life.  One joined the Navy according to their mother's blog.  She was the mom with a quilting blog.

- Emma Berry was discerning with another community, possibly the Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

-Karla was clothed at a Carmelite monastery (Croatia ?) and received the name Michaela.

Carla older sister is here.I can confirm that Sr. Michaela is still in her order very happy and full of god's grace.In June it will be 7 years since her entrance and in September it will be 6 years since her first vows.She is patiently wait her final vows and as i know she keep you all in her prayers.I miss her as much as our whole family, but the most important thing for us is that she is happy, even though we see her quite rarely.

Carla's sister, thank you so much for the update.  It is nice to read that. Sister Michaela is happy in her vocation.

9 hours ago, Pax17 said:

Carla's sister, thank you so much for the update.  It is nice to read that. Sister Michaela is happy in her vocation.

Yes, thank you!  I'm happy that she is doing well!! 

I just realized she is from or near my neck of the woods. I live in CT and work near Shelton. Nice to see someone from your home state once in a while.

Some areas are more "vocation" areas as  priest put it but they can come from anywhere. I knew a young doctor who is becoming  Dominican priest (but I hope can still work in that area if possible too) he was very gifted. I knew one more young woman who was international but going to school here in CT and she entered a Sacred Heart order teaching. It's less strict in a way than some, they have a schedule of course but you always see them shopping and driving to Home Depot, etc. they can keep FB pages but only post on holiday's or to share pics of their sisters. They have phones but for use in emergency. She is in Italy for a year which is great and got to renew her vows there. I love to see her smile. ; )