An Old School Catholic Message Board

Clerical Celibacy

Nihil Obstat

Nihil Obstat

Too bad it would just be so entirely wrong to convert to Protestantism, get married, become a minister, then convert back. Hahaha. :D

Chiquitunga

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1576378' date='Jun 19 2008, 03:36 PM']Thanks for posting that!
It explains things more clearly than anything I've read in the past, and now I'm entirely satisfied on the subject. :)[/quote]
Great! I'm glad it helped you. Yeah, it really is a well written article.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1576405' date='Jun 19 2008, 05:11 PM']Too bad it would just be so entirely wrong to convert to Protestantism, get married, become a minister, then convert back. Hahaha. :D[/quote]

...or 'convert' to one of the Eastern branches, which many Latins find attractive.

I imagine that this is being done. I don't know if the Eastern seminaries have any stats on this. "Converts' in their ranks...

Nihil Obstat

I suppose that they wouldn't really keep track of that...
After all, it's not as much of a conversion as going over to Protestantism or the Orthodox Church.
They might though...

• 10 months later...
Nihil Obstat

Hopefully the discussion actually moves to this thread. :) That would be ideal.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1860302' date='May 6 2009, 10:43 PM']Hopefully the discussion actually moves to this thread. :) That would be ideal.[/quote]

I refuse to because my ideas are "sorry" and you cant argue with someone who may well be close to idolizing the papacy. I will state one last time that paul says being single is a great thing and encourages it but at the same time he says he has right to a wife if he so desires. It is his freedome in Christ. The bible says a bishop should have one wife. Now I dont twist that to say a bishop should have a wife but only that he has the right to. Paul clearly says that the spirit explicitly says to him in the last times some will depart from the faith and they will forbid marriage. Lets face it a person in the latin rite called to the priesthood is refused marraige. Now the good thing is this isnt a doctrine and it can be changed. Hopefully it will.

Edited by Guest

Nihil Obstat

Did you read the entire thread? If nothing else, it's a very interesting read.

puellapaschalis

Reading the other thread, it struck me that your beef was with the post saying "It is sorry." Now I don't presume to be able to see inside someone else's head, but that sentence seemed to be missing a comma.

Punctuation is important!

Woman, without her man, is nothing.
Woman, without her, man is nothing.

Try and give the other person the benefit of the doubt in what he's saying, and don't assume you're being spoken down to or whatever.

Oh yeah - and double-check your spelling and punctuation before clicking "Post".

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1860338' date='May 7 2009, 12:04 AM']Reading the other thread, it struck me that your beef was with the post saying "It is sorry." Now I don't presume to be able to see inside someone else's head, but that sentence seemed to be missing a comma.

Punctuation is important!

Woman, without her man, is nothing.
Woman, without her, man is nothing.

Try and give the other person the benefit of the doubt in what he's saying, and don't assume you're being spoken down to or whatever.

Oh yeah - and double-check your spelling and punctuation before clicking "Post".[/quote]

dude get off my back. i've got in to it with knight of christ before. he said my idea was sorry. and i could care less if my post arent edited before they come out. later.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1860337' date='May 7 2009, 12:04 AM']Did you read the entire thread? If nothing else, it's a very interesting read.[/quote]

Yes and i agree with Apotheoun. I'm going to check into joining the eastern church as it holds more to biblical truth and seems to have less tendacys to lead people falling into papal idolatry.

Nihil Obstat

Delivery Boy, I don't think your accusations of borderline idolarity are appropriate.

Your feelings were hurt by the tone of a particular post. That's fine. It happens a lot, especially on a site like this. There's no need to overreact though. An accusation of idolarity could potentitally qualify as a personal attack, which has no place in a serious Phatmass topic.

For the record, I think there was meant to be a comma in that sentence. Maybe the tone could have been improved to be more charitable- who knows. None of us are perfect. In fact we're all very far from it. This is something that is not at all good to be preoccupied with.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1860348' date='May 7 2009, 12:10 AM']Delivery Boy, I don't think your accusations of borderline idolarity are appropriate.

Your feelings were hurt by the tone of a particular post. That's fine. It happens a lot, especially on a site like this. There's no need to overreact though. An accusation of idolarity could potentitally qualify as a personal attack, which has no place in a serious Phatmass topic.

For the record, I think there was meant to be a comma in that sentence. Maybe the tone could have been improved to be more charitable- who knows. None of us are perfect. In fact we're all very far from it. This is something that is not at all good to be preoccupied with.[/quote]

lol my feelings are not hurt at all. what i'm saying is truth and it's backed by scriptures. i'll chill with the papal idolatry but it's true this is a big problem in the church. peace.

I have no idea what you are talking about with a comma ??
He said my idea was flawed and the post before he said my idea was sorry.
I'm lost with the comma thing ?