An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fatima

tinytherese

I know that there's some contraversy about whether or not the consecration of Russia really happened and whether or not the third secret was fully revealed. The Fatima Center definitely doesn't believe that either of these events occured. It's hard to argue with them. So what really happened?

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1639013' date='Aug 26 2008, 08:51 PM']I know that there's some contraversy about whether or not the consecration of Russia really happened and whether or not the third secret was fully revealed. The Fatima Center definitely doesn't believe that either of these events occured. It's hard to argue with them. So what really happened?[/quote]

I know from my Marian studies at Franciscan University that The Fatima Center as known to others as Fatima.org or the Fatima Network isn't the most orthodox site for information. They have published and said some things that are very unbecoming of the late Holy Father, Pope John Paul II.

Catholic Culture did a review of the site and said the following:

This site is devoted to promoting the message of Fatima, particularly from the viewpoint of Fr. Nicholas Gruner, and to promoting The Fatima Crusader. While the site does present some useful information regarding the apparition, we have to advise extreme caution. The Fatima Network, and its website, is headed by Fr. Nicholas Gruner. Fr. Gruner has been suspended from priestly ministry and does not have ecclesiastical approval of his activities. Gruner has been in conflict with Church authorities for over 20 years because of his insistence that the Fatima message has gone unheeded. He has rejected the assurances of both Pope John Paul II and Sister Lucia, the surviving Fatima seer, that the directive of the Virgin Mary has been fulfilled, and Russia has been consecrated to her Immaculate Heart.

[url="http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/reviews/view.cfm?recnum=41&repos=2&subrepos=&searchid=291532"]http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/rev...searchid=291532[/url]

The site has been designated with a Red Label by Catholic Culture, which means Danger. Now while I don't agree with all the reviews of Catholic Culture, I do agree with them on this one. Not because of personal opinions toward Fatima, but merely knowing the background of the Priest who runs it and the things that have been published through it.

Now as for the third secret of Fatima as well as if Russia was Consecrated. The late Holy Father, Pope John Paul II, released the third secret to the entire world. This has been published in several books coming from Pope John Paul II. We knew him to be a very holy and truthful man of God and one to be trusted. Knowing this we should rest easy in the fact that he did reveal the third secret of Fatima.

As for the consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Sister Lucia in one of her books as well as in a meeting with the Papal Nuncio announced that Russia had been consecrated to the Immaculate Heart. It had been accomplished. Now, for anyone who has studied Fatima they know that Our Lady did not but a time line as to when Russia would be at peace. Like all humans, we tend to want things done in an instant, which isn't usually the way God does things. Our Lady also pointed out that prayer can change things. A lack of prayer for peace in Russia and the entire world would cause things to not move along as they should, where as constant prayer for peace in Russia and the entire world would help aid in the conversion of Russia and the entire world. Prayer is an amazing thing, and without it things do not normally take place as they should. With prayer punishments can be lessened but without it we could suffer greatly.

God Bless,
Jennie

PS For better information on Fatima, I would read anything that Sister Lucia wrote or anything by Dr. Mark Miravalle.