An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jihad Protecting A Catholic Church.

puellapaschalis

puellapaschalis

Found at [url="http://monkallover.blogspot.com/2006/09/jihad-protecting-catholic-church.html"]One Monk[/url].

I hope that this news will demonstrate to some people (including some Phatmassers) that despite what conclusions may or may not be reached about Islam itself, we are not justified in labelling all Muslims "evil".

Bravo for someone actually taking a photo and bravo for Yahoo publishing it.

Love and prayers,

PP

puellapaschalis

An unashamed :bump:

This is news that needs to be more widely known. Human beings are human beings, regardless of their religion, or how they (or their fellow adherents) might choose to interpret their religion's teachings.

Love and prayers,

PP

I saw the pictures on yahoo the other day. But the fact that today they are protecting a Catholic church doesn't for me change the fact that Islamic Jihad is a terrorist organization.

Maybe because that's what Mohammed tells them to do in the Hadith:

[quote]This is a message written by Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, far and near, we are behind them. Verily, I defend them by myself, the servants, the helpers, and my followers, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them. No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be changed from their jobs, nor their monks from their monasteries. No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they (Christians) are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate. No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, this is not to take place without her own wish. She is not to be prevented from going to her church to pray. Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants. No one of the nation is to disobey this covenant till the Day of Judgment and the end of the world.[/quote]

[quote name='Era Might' post='1068307' date='Sep 20 2006, 05:57 PM']
Maybe because that's what Mohammed tells them to do in the Hadith:
[/quote]

so why the heck arent they obeying this???

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1068342' date='Sep 20 2006, 07:32 PM']
so why the heck arent they obeying this???
[/quote]
apparently some are, but I wonder why we don't hear more about it. I'm inclined to say because it doesn't happen very often.

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1068342' date='Sep 20 2006, 06:32 PM']so why the heck arent they obeying this???
[/quote]

Well, the people in this article are. I don't know why other Muslims aren't. The Hadith is sort of Muslim "oral tradition". It's not on quite the same authority of the Koran, but it is considered an authoratative interpreter.

I guess we could ask at the same time why Christians don't obey their religious teachings. Abortion, contraception, euthanasia, etc.

desertwoman,

Wikipedia has a page on it. Google "Mohammed" and "Charter of privileges" and "Wikipedia".

Edited by Era Might