An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jihad Protecting A Catholic Church.

puellapaschalis

[quote name='Era Might' post='1068307' date='Sep 20 2006, 05:57 PM']
Maybe because that's what Mohammed tells them to do in the Hadith:
[/quote]

Nice quote. Do you know the exact citation? SO I can look it up too.

Do not, I reapeat, do not rely on wikipedia. The articles and information thier is not posted my professionals or experts. It's information posted my everyday people like us, and can also be changed anytime by people like us. SO do not use wikipedia. I mean it is a good source, but make it your first source, but keep lookin else where, because it's not reliable.

Mohammad's chartar is all well and nice... except of course that these Christians are humiliated by being ruled and protected by muslims, forced to pay extra taxes to the muslims to thank them for their imposed services, and treated as second class citizens.

but at least technically they're supposed to protect the Christian Churches and allow us to repair them. of course that was written when the majority of Mohammad's citizens were Christians...

[quote name='Emotion' post='1069499' date='Sep 21 2006, 05:45 PM']Do not, I reapeat, do not rely on wikipedia. The articles and information thier is not posted my professionals or experts. It's information posted my everyday people like us, and can also be changed anytime by people like us. SO do not use wikipedia. I mean it is a good source, but make it your first source, but keep lookin else where, because it's not reliable.[/quote]
The sources are given on Wikipedia. Feel free to check them yourself.

Wikipedia is generally reliable for a quick fact. No, I wouldn't write a paper and cite Wikipedia, but I'm not writing a paper here.

I originally got the reference from someone here on Phatmass whose professor (if I remember correctly) pointed it out to them.

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1068342' date='Sep 20 2006, 06:32 PM']
so why the heck arent they obeying this???
[/quote]

There are terrorist groups that have political agendas.

Edited by musturde

[quote name='Era Might' post='1069514' date='Sep 22 2006, 12:07 AM']
I originally got the reference from someone here on Phatmass whose professor (if I remember correctly) pointed it out to them.
[/quote]
Maybe I was the one who posted it a while back. I think if one does a search on the Charter of Privileges to the monks of St. Catherine Monastery in Mt. Sinai you can get some info on this (now widely ignored) historic document.

PP, thanks for the link. It's refreshing to see that. Things have been tense here in the UK due to some of the protests and threats from extremists. I was enraged when friends told me how they were allowed to shout out abuse, and put up banners like "Evil Trinity" outside Westminster Cathedral on a Sunday :maddest: :maddest:

I admit we did want to "fight back", but we know better. May they come to the Truth.

Our Lady of Fatima, ora pro nobis.
Pax vobis, pham

puellapaschalis

You're welcome. Did you also see that blog post then, with the pictures of those protestors? I found it quite shocking - I know WestyCath quite well. But then, one night when I couldn't sleep, it kicked me into getting up and praying the Rosary (rather than hanging about on the internet at Silly O'Clock).

Love and prayers,

PP

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1071381' date='Sep 22 2006, 06:58 PM']
You're welcome. Did you also see that blog post then, with the pictures of those protestors? I found it quite shocking - I know WestyCath quite well. But then, one night when I couldn't sleep, it kicked me into getting up and praying the Rosary (rather than hanging about on the internet at Silly O'Clock).

Love and prayers,

PP
[/quote]
Saw the blog pictures now... :maddest: (where were these protesters at the Darfur rally, does that matter less? :annoyed: )
I definitely need to pray the rosary .

They aren't protecting the church. They're protecting sniper positions and weapon caches.

Silly Catholics. You think it's all about you.

puellapaschalis

[quote name='mortify' post='1071877' date='Sep 23 2006, 01:38 AM']
Palestinians have faked funerals before, don't see why its impossible they'd fake defending a church.
[/quote]

This is conceivably true, but why do you sound so eager to assume that the worse of the options is in fact the case? If my pleas for charity regarding these people won't work, try some logical exhausting of the possibilities.

Let's say you assume the worst and you are right. Ok, you were right. Have a cookie.
Let's say you assume the best and are right. Have lots of cookies because it's a happy ending.
Let's say you assume the best and are wrong. You'd still get a cookie and a half because it's not your fault people are idiotic and you saw the best in them.
Let's say you assume the worst and are wrong. Then you are probably slanderous, you get a mouldy piece of coagulated milk, go straight to jail, don't pass go and don't collect 200GBP (which is probably worth more than 200USD in any event).

There is such a thing as looking through glasses that are so pink they're opaque. But really, is it so difficult to imagine that people you don't know might not be the Devil incarnate?

Love and prayers,

PP

Peace Pru,

Im not making devils out of Muslims by being skeptical over two photos with a couple of teens standing outside a church. Who knows what they're doing or why anyone is taking a photo of it; why would they carry empty coffins in front of cameras, as if they're attending the funeral procession of someone killed by Israeli fire?

Everything has its purpose; not being uncharitable, just reasonably skeptical. If its real, great, hopefully they wont use the same tactics to defend it.

morte