An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is A Christian And Why Are We?

Truth

CHRISTIANS ARE THE BODY AND THE CHURCH IN CHRIST CHURCH: Those call by MY (Christ) name are Christian.

Authority and Inerrancy of Scripture and the Holy Spirit.

One and living, true God; in three persons; of one substance, power and eternity.

Absolute Sinfulness of Humanity.

Substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ.

General call of God to all men that they should repent and believe on Christ for their salvation.

Pardoning work of justification for Christ's sake alone.

Sacraments of Baptism and the Lord's Supper instituted by Christ for the Church's edification.

The personal, bodily return of Christ our Lord to judge the living and the dead.

The focus of the Church should be on Ephesians 3:10-12 and 4:3-13, DON'T MISS THIS ITS THE CHRISTIANS' MISSION.

You put any more than that you have a problem because you fall pray to man judgement and miss out on God will for our lives. Becareful and test what you beleive if it don't fix God perfect will its his permissive will and that not good enough.

IF YOUR CHURCH IS TEACHING SOMETHING ELSE YOU ARE OUTSIDE THE PERFECT WILL OF GOD.

It is the permissive will of God that the Catholic church stands, along with Jews faiths, Islism and others, but still standing.

Edited by Truth

where does your extra-biblical gnosticism fit into all of this? there is a wonderful baptist minister that lives next door to me who would be more than delighted to give you some effective lessons in 'catching Catholics' because your efforts are finished here bud. you forgot that Christians will be known by their love, something your posts lack severely. Find Christ. peace.

where does your extra-biblical gnosticism fit into all of this? there is a wonderful baptist minister that lives next door to me who would be more than delighted to give you some effective lessons in 'catching Catholics' because your efforts are finished here bud. you forgot that Christians will be known by their love, something your posts lack severely. Find Christ. peace.

Do you mean love as you know it? or in love in truth? Because love in truth is to tell it like it is. I'm dont' think you have a clue bud. Go get some information that you can post from other sites. You don't know you know, you don't know!

if i reply to this, are you actually going to respond? or is this just another opinion dump?

I you go to the Bible and read Eph and come back with a view of your own, I will. If you are going to a Catholic site and come back with some thing that is not Scriptual no. I don't want to go back and forth about what your Cc teach. You view on the Scripture I will reply.

The fact that the Bible is without error. We both beleive it to be true and God's Word. We may have our own view, but the fact is it the base line. You Church is never going to be my Church. The teaching of your Church is never going to be true or correct in my point of view. I'm not going to win you for Christ, because of you devotion to your Church. OK! If you want to talk about Scripture lets go! Teaching wast of time.

littleflower+JMJ

thats a very nice view larry and i appreciate you sharing it with us but really thats just your view. one out of how many? how are we to know if A and B claim truth but are different? :( and that doesn't hold much because that was just your opinion and take on things.....i have opinions too but really they dont' matter, what matters is the authority and guidance Jesus himself gave us thru the one faith that is true. ;)

so im gonna go with what Jesus Christ established, the Catholic church. :wub:

Luke 10:16, John 16:12–13, Matt. 5:14, 16:18, John 7:17, Rom. 12:5, Eph. 5:23–32, 1 Cor. 10:17, 12:13, Jude 3, Phil. 1:27, 2:2, Matt. 28:19–20, 2 Tim. 2:2,

God bless you Larry!

+JMJ

ps. i just wanted to comment on your first post. thanks for reading! :D and pax christi!

if i reply to this, are you actually going to respond? or is this just another opinion dump?

I you go to the Bible and read Eph and come back with a view of your own, I will. If you are going to a Catholic site and come back with some thing that is not Scriptual no. I don't want to go back and forth about what your Cc teach. You view on the Scripture I will reply.

The fact that the Bible is without error. We both beleive it to be true and God's Word. We may have our own view, but the fact is it the base line. You Church is never going to be my Church. The teaching of your Church is never going to be true or correct in my point of view. I'm not going to win you for Christ, because of you devotion to your Church. OK! If you want to talk about Scripture lets go! Teaching wast of time.

thats a very nice view larry and i appreciate you sharing it with us but really thats just your view. one out of how many? and that doesn't hold water because that was just your opinion and take on things.....i have opinions too but really they dont' matter, what matters is the authority and guidance Jesus himself gave us thru the one faith that is true. ;)

Luke 10:16, John 16:12–13, Matt. 5:14, 16:18, John 7:17, Rom. 12:5, Eph. 5:23–32, 1 Cor. 10:17, 12:13, Jude 3, Phil. 1:27, 2:2, Matt. 28:19–20, 2 Tim. 2:2,

God bless you Larry!

+JMJ

Yes, and that is your OPINION and that of other Catholics but just OPINIONS. I hope that you were not trying to prove this with Scripture were you?

you are not the truth because the 'truth' wouldn't back out of a debate. you have yet to answer any of my previous queries on other threads and your spontanious spunkiness to have a civil debate is a deception to throw in your anti-christian and gnostic agenda. i'll put money on it that you disappear with unanswered arguments for two weeks after this thread and 'reappear again when your previous threads have been forgotten. How you construct your arguments show that you are probably no older than 14 years old at the most.

thats a very nice view larry and i appreciate you sharing it with us but really thats just your view. one out of how many? how are we to know if A and B claim truth but are different? :( and that doesn't hold much because that was just your opinion and take on things.....i have opinions too but really they dont' matter, what matters is the authority and guidance Jesus himself gave us thru the one faith that is true. ;)

God bless you Larry!

+JMJ

ps. i just wanted to comment on your first post. thanks for reading! :D and pax christi!

I went to the C/v that you posted and read them in context will you point out to me what you get from each of them. I don't want to assume your opinion or point of view and how it relate to the C/v that you posted.

Laudate_Dominum

Authority and Inerrancy of Scripture and the Holy Spirit.

One and living, true God; in three persons; of one substance, power and eternity.

Absolute Sinfulness of Humanity.

Substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ.

General call of God to all men that they should repent and believe on Christ for their salvation.

Pardoning work of justification for Christ's sake alone.

Sacraments of Baptism and the Lord's Supper instituted by Christ for the Church's edification.

The personal, bodily return of Christ our Lord to judge the living and the dead.

Truth,

Let's talk about one thing instead of like 12 things at a time. Hmm.. What do you mean by the "Absolute Sinfulness of Humanity"? Do you have in mind the doctrine of "total depravity" as taught by some of the protestant "reformers"?

Thanks bro.

Peace

Edited by Laudate_Dominum

Flowery you mean well and you are sincere which is an amesome witness of faith but 'everything Catholic Church teaches and anything a fallen Catholic can say' has no merit on threads like this. the debates go absolutly nowhere.

you are not the truth because the 'truth' wouldn't back out of a debate. you have yet to answer any of my previous queries on other threads and your spontanious spunkiness to have a civil debate is a deception to throw in your anti-christian and gnostic agenda. i'll put money on it that you disappear with unanswered arguments for two weeks after this thread and 'reappear again when your previous threads have been forgotten. How you construct your arguments show that you are probably no older than 14 years old at the most.

Are you going some where with your personal attacks? As for you, you have been very clear you don't have a personal opinion, but are a go copy/paste guy.

Debate: To discuss opposing points, which two team argue defend and attack an give proposition.

I have discuss my opposing points, I have argue, defended and attack an given proposition.

I know that you agree with this right.

Disagreement is a fact of life. There is no family, and certainly no church family, free of disagreements. The question should be, "How can I strongly disagree in Christian charity?" It is how we handle disagreements, which makes all the difference. As in a healthy family relationship, so long as we respect the person(s) with whom we disagree, so long as we accord them the privilege of holding their own views, we may disagree productively. We all know that disagreements can be destructive, especially if people who disagree aren't honest with one another and show little or no respect for the other person(s). When honesty and charity abound, people find that disagreement can deepen dialogue, create new understandings, and promote growth.

I beleive that the truth is based on fact and opinion are your take on something. You make that the last time you call me or my views gnostic. You want to tag people that disagree with the Cc teaching (ie pro, gnostic, reform, non-catholic, anti-catholic). I am a Christian my faith is Christ teaching only. If you want to call me some thing call me Christian.

Truth,

Let's talk about one thing instead of like 12 things at a time. Hmm.. What do you mean by the "Absolute Sinfulness of Humanity"? Do you have in mind the doctrine of "total depravity" as taught by some of the protestant "reformers"?

Thanks bro.

Peace

Here go with the code words protestant/reformers. I'm not either I am Christian, a fellower of Christ teaching.

Man without Christ do not have the ability within himself to be saved from sins. The wages of sin is death. As shown by the Jews Gods people.

Laudate_Dominum

Truth/Larry.. I call you a christian, I consider you a seperated brethren. If you believe that Jesus is the Christ and all of that then I would call you a Christian. But I also hold that the fulness of the Christian Faith does not exist apart from the Catholic Church. If you want to be totally Christian, accept Mary as your own Mother, become united to the Church of the Holy Apostles through their successors, accept the Church that was established by Jesus Christ.

Dude, you are seperated from the Catholic Church and believe in the Bible without Tradition, correct? This is certainly a protestant idea. Do you believe that you have assurance of salvation? If so this too is a protestant doctrine. What do you mean when you say that we are justified by faith? What did St. Paul mean when he said this? I'll bet your answer would be based on protestant doctrine which is not what Paul meant, protestants (starting with Luther) read into the text their own doctrine. Luther made that stuff up and protestants follow that tradition. You are severed from Christ's Church! You don't accept the Mass, the Mother of God, the Bishops and Pope, etc.. You can say you are just a Christian, which is true, but you still have theological ideas which can be traced to specific traditions.

I beg you to ask Christ for the grace to enter His True Church!

May Our Blessed Mother, the Spouse of the Holy Spirit and the Mediatrix of All Grace lead you deeper into the mysteries of Her Divine Son.

Edited by Laudate_Dominum