An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is A Christian And Why Are We?

Truth

larry,

you can't blame us for being a little skeptical here. afterall, evertime we give our proof, u disappear and we never get a response until u find some other post that u can plop down ur opinion on. i sent u a personal message w/ at least 5 different posts that i was waiting for a response in, so u should know exactly what i'm talking about, and what m sigga is referring to.

ur profession of faith is particularly interesting. Laut Dom has a good point about sticking w/ one topic at a time. that's the best way to be efficient w/ our dialogue. so i say we start w/ the first sentence in ur profession of faith.

its probably safe to say that the logical extension of this phrase would be that Scripture is the ONLY authority and the ONLY inspired word of God. if this is what you beleive, then lets start there.

prove that to me please.

this is dialogue, so that means that it is ur turn to respond now.

i anxiously await ur response,

phatcatholic

The Scripture is the written authority of God. We have other inspired written word of God that was not cannon. The Bible was to guid us to salvation and baptism. Baptism was to clean our body for the dwelling place for the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit replace Tradition, because its pure and written on our hearts. Not by word or mouth that is Scriptural.

NEXT!

The Scripture is the written authority of God. We have other inspired written word of God that was not cannon. The Bible was to guid us to salvation and baptism. Baptism was to clean our body for the dwelling place for the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit replace Tradition, because its pure and written on our hearts. Not by word or mouth that is Scriptural.

NEXT!

can you prove this please, instead of just stating your opinion?

thank you :D

Where is that in the Bible?

Where is that in the bible?

I don't even know what you mean here.

Pardoning work of justification for Christ's sake alone.

We are Justified by Christ on the cross. Man can't be justified to God by his own doing.

Where is that in the Bible?

Where is that in the bible?

Pardoning work of justification for Christ's sake alone.

I don't even know what you mean here.

Absolute Sinfulness of Humanity.

This should answer both question. should we me own to the next question now?

Justification, In Christian theology this word is used primarily to indicat the establish jment of a right relationsip between man God. Because of the inherent sinfulness of human nature, man is separated from God. Left to his own divices, there is no possibility of his being delivered from sin and reconciled to God. As an expression of his grace toward man, however, God, through the life and death of Jesus, has made this deliverance and salvation possible, gontingent only on obedient faith. Thus, what the believer cannot earn-justification-he receives freely in return for his faith, which expresses itself in a desire to be freed, from sin, in complete trust that Christ has redeemed mand and in obedience to God's commands.

Hab 2:4, Acts 13:39, Rom 1:17, Rom 3:20-28,Gal 3:11-12.

I'm sorry that it take some time for me to get back to you, but my work keep me busy. I have a job and a business.

Edited by Truth

eph 4:3-13

striving to preserve the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace:

2 one body and one Spirit, as you were also called to the one hope of your call;

one Lord, one faith, one baptism;

one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

But grace was given to each of us according to the measure of Christ's gift.

Therefore, it says: "He ascended 3 on high and took prisoners captive; he gave gifts to men."

What does "he ascended" mean except that he also descended into the lower (regions) of the earth?

The one who descended is also the one who ascended far above all the heavens,

that he might fill all things.

4 And he gave some as apostles, others as prophets, others as evangelists, others as pastors and teachers,

to equip the holy ones for the work of ministry, 5 for building up the body of Christ, 13

until we all attain to the unity of faith and knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, 6 to the extent of the full stature of Christ,

Truth, why would you use a wonderful peice of scripture that supports the church. P.S. When two people are married they become one,Christ Bride is "the Church" therfore it is his Body. We in the church are building up his body. you are bringing his body harm with your attitude. Do yourself a favor and study the rest of ephesians and the scriptures on marriage.

Thank you for reading this Scripture but you didn't get my point. You have gone to another subject. No question on answer here.

Edited by Truth

Thank you for reading this Scripture but you didn't get my point. You have gone to another subject. No question on answer here.

All that was to lead you to this truth.

Eph 4:14-16

14Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. 16From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

There go the Catholics hope to be the one church. It only one part or every part or maybe not a part, just apart from the Body.

except the parts are all supposed to be of ONE body, there are many parts of the Catholic Church, but they are all ONE in what they believe. however, all other forms of Christianity were arms of the Catholic Church that self-amputated.

There is nothing anyone can say to Truth on any ground where Truth will believe or agree with you and not insult the Catholic Church and Christianity as a whole. He believes we are totally lost and every one of us is fallen and serving the devil. Every single post disses the Catholic Church and/or other Protestant churches. Every post is a bad chick tract - aka malicious anti-Christian debate.

Truth what are you really trying to accomplish? This all seems like a wasteful question-answer time and you aren't getting any sort of message across other than your personal opinion. Please state your sources, inspiration, something, because you could be anybody and how should I, a 'lost' Catholic in need of instruction, know that you are not some weirdo Waco David Kuresh Cult leader or something? What sources if any are you pulling this stuff from or is it just your own opinion?

Ephesians 3:10-12

so that the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known through the church to the principalities and authorities  in the heavens. 11

This was according to the eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord,

in whom we have boldness of speech and confidence of access through faith in him.

I wonder why that term "The church " keeps coming up. With your versus from chapter 4 you haven proven the church as christ bride and Body, not a "community" of believers. Being a part of his church makes one a part of his body. Denying the church just makes you apart.

Church, The English word "church" is derived fro the Greek kuriakon, meaning "the lard's house" and referring to a building. This Greek word, however, does not occur in the Bible and in the New Testament the word "church" translates the Greek term ecclesia, which always refers to an assembly of people and not to a building.

Act 2

37When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?"

38Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off--for all whom the Lord our God will call."

40With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

The members are the church.

Edited by Truth

There is nothing anyone can say to Truth on any ground where Truth will believe or agree with you and not insult the Catholic Church and Christianity as a whole. He believes we are totally lost and every one of us is fallen and serving the devil. Every single post disses the Catholic Church and/or other Protestant churches. Every post is a bad chick tract - aka malicious anti-Christian debate.

Truth what are you really trying to accomplish? This all seems like a wasteful question-answer time and you aren't getting any sort of message across other than your personal opinion. Please state your sources, inspiration, something, because you could be anybody and how should I, a 'lost' Catholic in need of instruction, know that you are not some weirdo Waco David Kuresh Cult leader or something? What sources if any are you pulling this stuff from or is it just your own opinion?

I can't tell but are you looking for people to join you in your attack on me personally. State what you disagree with stop attacking me personally. I give you scripture if you ask for it. What or who to say that the Cc is not just a cult? On whos authority does it spake. I don't see and spripture to back up its opinion or claims. I know you answer her is Scare Tridition, again now proof. Show me scripture that;

The Catholic church come from Peter?

That Peter is the foundation of the Church?

That Peter was told by Jesus that he Peter would build his church?

That Mary is the mother of God?

Scare Tradition is from Jesus or even Peter?

That Mary became part of the God Head?

Scare Tradition is equal to or trumps Scripture or the Holy Spirit?

That Enoch did not walk with God?

Who was Enoch?

That Mary didn't have other children?

That Mary was the mother of us all?

That Peter was a pope?

Where in the Scripture did Christ command the seven sacraments.

Show where the sins have different degrees.

Did the Catholic church condem or confirm the Book of Enoch.

I only want scripture not opinion or written opinions from the Cc or anyone else Catholic or Protestant. Use the American Standard, KJV, NIV or any other Bible.

NEXT!

larry,

i thought u said u were going to prove this for us? also, you still haven't responded to my critique of ur defense for the book of enoch.

just a friendly reminder ;)