An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your All-time Fav. Book

little_angel202

little_angel202

ok you mite have done this before but i'm curious to know wot your fav. books are.

i didnt do this as a poll because theres not enough room to put down all the sugestion i have but anyway i thought you could put you fav. book and why there your fav. books

so mine is.......
my fav. fiction book has to be Lord Of The Rings just because its just THE BEST in my opinion !!! lol and of corce it has a good Catholic theme

God bless you all

[quote name='little_angel202' date='Apr 7 2004, 04:36 AM'] ok you mite have done this before but i'm curious to know wot your fav. books are.

i didnt do this as a poll because theres not enough room to put down all the sugestion i have but anyway i thought you could put you fav. book and why there your fav. books

so mine is.......
my fav. fiction book has to be Lord Of The Rings just because its just THE BEST in my opinion !!! lol and of corce it has a good Catholic theme

God bless you all [/quote]
That's my favorite book, too, because it really is ONE big book.

But I have had a lot of favorites:

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Pride and Prejudice
Little Men
Little Women
Chronicles of Narnia -- specifically The Horse and His Boy

............and a million others! :)

Thy Geekdom Come

For me, there are so many different categories:

Overtly Religious: The Bible, duh

Covertly Religious: The Chronicles of Narnia (the whole series...they should be taken as one big book)

Magical Fantasy: Harry Potter (the whole series, particularly in this order, from best to worst: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, ...and the Goblet of Fire, ...and the Prisoner of Azkaban, ...and the Sorceror's Stone (which I have in Latin), ...and the Chamber of Secrets, but I think these should also be read as one big book...they're just too connected), which also has some very covert Christian themes in it.

Regular Fantasy: Runaway Ralph (the one with the little talking mouse that rides a toy motorcycle)

Horror/Thriller: The Silence of the Lambs or the Stand (both of which I've only seen the movie)

Non-fiction: Butler's Lives of the Saints

Scientific Non-fiction: Cosmos

Sci-Fi: You know...I like sci-fi, but I don't think I've ever read a sci-fi book before...

Reference: The Oxford Classical Dictionary (I have to love it, I won my copy)

Prayer Books: Either my Breviary or my Prayer Book or my Old Latin Breviary.

Philosophical: Journey of the Mind to God

yiannii, I read The Joyful Beggar, that book is :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

fav book???? Oh man, I have way too many.... :unsure: :unsure:

I'll think....lol

[quote name='VeraMaria' date='Apr 9 2004, 01:10 PM'] yiannii, I read The Joyful Beggar, that book is :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

fav book???? Oh man, I have way too many.... :unsure: :unsure:

I'll think....lol [/quote]
I know, I couldn't put it down! I found it hard to remember the complicated names but yeah it was da best! I especially liked it when Francis out smarted the Muslim Sultan regarding which of the three crosses he was standing on.

Apparently the best book that the author of The Joyful Beggar wrote was the one about St Augustine. I can't remember the author's name. I'm intending on getting that book as soon as I have read all the other books I have bought. Does anyone else have this problem where they can't read fast enough to catch up to their book buying habit?

The Ignatius Press catalogues are the worst tempters.

little_angel202

do you think we should have a vote and choose an overall fav. book for Phatmass creepy aliens ??

God bless

[quote name='yiannii' date='Apr 8 2004, 07:10 PM'] The Screwtape Letters. [/quote]
awesome book. Have you read Peter Kreeft's The Snakebite Letters?