little_angel202 Posted April 7, 2004 Posted April 7, 2004 ok you mite have done this before but i'm curious to know wot your fav. books are. i didnt do this as a poll because theres not enough room to put down all the sugestion i have but anyway i thought you could put you fav. book and why there your fav. books so mine is....... my fav. fiction book has to be Lord Of The Rings just because its just THE BEST in my opinion !!! lol and of corce it has a good Catholic theme God bless you all
RoseRed Posted April 7, 2004 Posted April 7, 2004 My favorite books are: Harry Potter & ... the series and Pride & Prejudice
Colleen Posted April 7, 2004 Posted April 7, 2004 [quote name='little_angel202' date='Apr 7 2004, 04:36 AM'] ok you mite have done this before but i'm curious to know wot your fav. books are. i didnt do this as a poll because theres not enough room to put down all the sugestion i have but anyway i thought you could put you fav. book and why there your fav. books so mine is....... my fav. fiction book has to be Lord Of The Rings just because its just THE BEST in my opinion !!! lol and of corce it has a good Catholic theme God bless you all [/quote] That's my favorite book, too, because it really is ONE big book. But I have had a lot of favorites: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Pride and Prejudice Little Men Little Women Chronicles of Narnia -- specifically The Horse and His Boy ............and a million others!
Lil Red Posted April 7, 2004 Posted April 7, 2004 Mostly anything by Stephen King, or Scott Hahn. I know, polar opposites!
cantstopdancin9 Posted April 7, 2004 Posted April 7, 2004 HARRY POTTER! Or the Alice Book series...or the Princess Diaries Series...or...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted April 8, 2004 Posted April 8, 2004 For me, there are so many different categories: Overtly Religious: The Bible, duh Covertly Religious: The Chronicles of Narnia (the whole series...they should be taken as one big book) Magical Fantasy: Harry Potter (the whole series, particularly in this order, from best to worst: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, ...and the Goblet of Fire, ...and the Prisoner of Azkaban, ...and the Sorceror's Stone (which I have in Latin), ...and the Chamber of Secrets, but I think these should also be read as one big book...they're just too connected), which also has some very covert Christian themes in it. Regular Fantasy: Runaway Ralph (the one with the little talking mouse that rides a toy motorcycle) Horror/Thriller: The Silence of the Lambs or the Stand (both of which I've only seen the movie) Non-fiction: Butler's Lives of the Saints Scientific Non-fiction: Cosmos Sci-Fi: You know...I like sci-fi, but I don't think I've ever read a sci-fi book before... Reference: The Oxford Classical Dictionary (I have to love it, I won my copy) Prayer Books: Either my Breviary or my Prayer Book or my Old Latin Breviary. Philosophical: Journey of the Mind to God
VeraMaria Posted April 9, 2004 Posted April 9, 2004 yiannii, I read The Joyful Beggar, that book is fav book???? Oh man, I have way too many.... I'll think....lol
Iacobus Posted April 9, 2004 Posted April 9, 2004 HitchHikers Guide to the Gaxaly 42 is God, trust me.
yiannii Posted April 9, 2004 Posted April 9, 2004 [quote name='VeraMaria' date='Apr 9 2004, 01:10 PM'] yiannii, I read The Joyful Beggar, that book is fav book???? Oh man, I have way too many.... I'll think....lol [/quote] I know, I couldn't put it down! I found it hard to remember the complicated names but yeah it was da best! I especially liked it when Francis out smarted the Muslim Sultan regarding which of the three crosses he was standing on. Apparently the best book that the author of The Joyful Beggar wrote was the one about St Augustine. I can't remember the author's name. I'm intending on getting that book as soon as I have read all the other books I have bought. Does anyone else have this problem where they can't read fast enough to catch up to their book buying habit? The Ignatius Press catalogues are the worst tempters.
supernerd Posted April 9, 2004 Posted April 9, 2004 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban... Eh, the whole series rocks my socks... out loud...
little_angel202 Posted April 10, 2004 Author Posted April 10, 2004 do you think we should have a vote and choose an overall fav. book for Phatmass creepy aliens ?? God bless
Colleen Posted April 10, 2004 Posted April 10, 2004 that would be cool. Probably it would end up a tie: LOTR and Harry Potter.
Colleen Posted April 10, 2004 Posted April 10, 2004 [quote name='yiannii' date='Apr 8 2004, 07:10 PM'] The Screwtape Letters. [/quote] awesome book. Have you read Peter Kreeft's The Snakebite Letters?
hopeful1 Posted April 10, 2004 Posted April 10, 2004 (edited) one of my favorite books of all time, when i was younger, was "The Giver" by Lois Lowery! That book totally blew my mind when i read it, at the time i almost believed it was like a prophecy about the future. If anything it definately makes you think. "A wrinkle in time" by Madeline L'Engle was also really good, and so is just about anything she writes. Actually, i have a book that she wrote for an older audience that i still have to read. I also loved Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer. Another good one, although i wouldn't read it unless if you were mature in your faith/morals, is " Snow Falling On Cedars". I also recently read " The Water is Wide" by Pat Conroy, and i was suprised by howmuch i saw myself in Conroy, especially when i'm considering majoring in eduaction. Of course Scott Hahns "Rome Sweet Home" was great too! (sigh) It's such a shame, i used to love to read all the time, but now it seems like i never have the time anymore Edited April 10, 2004 by hopeful1
Pio Nono Posted April 10, 2004 Posted April 10, 2004 JMJ 4/10 - Holy Saturday I really liked [i]Animal Farm[/i] in high school, but I think my favorite book now is either [i]Orthodoxy[/i] by G.K. Chesterton or [i]Treasure in Clay[/i], the autobiography of Fulton Sheen.
JuCa Posted April 11, 2004 Posted April 11, 2004 [quote name='hopeful1' date='Apr 10 2004, 12:31 PM'] one of my favorite books of all time, when i was younger, was "The Giver" by Lois Lowery! [/quote] That used to be one of my favorite books- My brother read it in high school so I read it after he was done. It was when I was in middle school...then I had to read it in high school.
crusader1234 Posted April 15, 2004 Posted April 15, 2004 Books books books I agree with most of you but heres my list. PLEASE COMMENT. I like comments good or bad or telling me im a heretic i just like knowing what peoples opinions are. Kind of like the weird way peopela re compelled to watch "10 greatest songs of all time" even though its totally subjective. 1) KING BIDGOODS IN THE BATHTUB: just becuase it was my favourite book when i was little and its so good 2) NARNIA: The voyage of the dawn treader: everyone loves an adventure 3) HARRY POTTER: I'm with you on Azkaban 4) THE DAVINCI CODE: really good. great FICTION. some facts too though. its a great book 5) PERFUME: really interesting concept. nb: kurt cobains favourite book according to my friend matt note: the rest of Narnia and Harry potter go here too especially: the horse and his boy, and the lion the witch and the wardobe (soon to be a movie), then from HP, id say book 4 is really good but the first chapter is like the evil child of the book that spawned book 5.... but the evil inside these books is still amazing so who can complain
the_rev Posted April 16, 2004 Posted April 16, 2004 U Got 2 Believe By Fr. STan Fortuna A Priest Forever By Fr. Benedict G Pierced by a Sword By: Bud McFarlane
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now