An Old School Catholic Message Board

I've Been Ordered To Leave

hyperdulia again

hyperdulia again

Gay and Lesbian Humanist Association

News Release - 1 August 2003

GAY GROUP CALLS ON GAY CATHOLICS TO "DEBAPTISE" THEMSELVES

KENILWORTH, 1 AUGUST 2003 -- Gay Catholics should take steps to cut their links with the church that hates them, says the Gay and Lesbian Humanist Association (GALHA).

GALHA calls on gay Catholics to abandon the Church after the Vatican issued an abusive statement calling on politicians to resist the move to legalise gay marriage.

GALHA spokesperson Terry Sanderson said: "It is clear that the Vatican has declared open war on gay people around the world, and it is important that we hit back. First of all, those gay people who have been born Catholic should actively renounce their connections with the Church. They should send a letter to the diocese in which they were born stating that they no longer wished to be regarded as a Catholic, and making clear why.

"The Vatican's vicious and insulting attack is the last straw. Gay people who have been contributing to the Church with money and resources should stop doing so immediately. They should cease conspiring with their persecutors and instead fight back to ensure the happiness and safety of gay people around the world."

Mr Sanderson said that the Vatican's pronouncement issued on 31 July was an invitation to homophobic governments to crack down hard on their gay citizens. "It justifies and reinforces evil," he said. "There are some Catholic countries, particularly in South America, that already persecute gay people. The Pope seems to want to encourage that. The Vatican's document is also anti-democratic in that it encourages Catholic politicians to vote for Catholic dogma and against their conscience."

Mr Sanderson pointed out that a special "Debaptism Certificate" can be downloaded from www.secularism.org.uk/baptism.htm.

:lol:

The Vatican's document is also anti-democratic in that it encourages Catholic politicians to vote for Catholic dogma and against their conscience."

Your conscience should be in line with Catholic Dogma and im pretty sure the pope would not condone persecuting gay people. Ha Ha that article is sad.

"The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

- 1 Corinthians 1:18

"The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

Good Call

- 1 Corinthians 1:18

That is a GREAT verse!

I must add that to my armory.

God Bless,

ironmonk

:o armory?!

;)

I've been saving my dialogs and notes for the last 3 1/2 years... I have around 500 or so.

This is my armory.

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary,

ironmonk

KENILWORTH, 1 AUGUST 2003 -- Gay Catholics should take steps to cut their links with the church that hates them, says the Gay and Lesbian Humanist Association (GALHA).

GALHA calls on gay Catholics to abandon the Church after the Vatican issued an abusive statement calling on politicians to resist the move to legalise gay marriage.

GALHA spokesperson Terry Sanderson said: "It is clear that the Vatican has declared open war on gay people around the world, and it is important that we hit back. First of all, those gay people who have been born Catholic should actively renounce their connections with the Church. They should send a letter to the diocese in which they were born stating that they no longer wished to be regarded as a Catholic, and making clear why.

"The Vatican's vicious and insulting attack is the last straw. Gay people who have been contributing to the Church with money and resources should stop doing so immediately. They should cease conspiring with their persecutors and instead fight back to ensure the happiness and safety of gay people around the world."

Mr Sanderson said that the Vatican's pronouncement issued on 31 July was an invitation to homophobic governments to crack down hard on their gay citizens. "It justifies and reinforces evil," he said. "There are some Catholic countries, particularly in South America, that already persecute gay people. The Pope seems to want to encourage that. The Vatican's document is also anti-democratic in that it encourages Catholic politicians to vote for Catholic dogma and against their conscience."

Mr Sanderson pointed out that a special "Debaptism Certificate" can be downloaded from www.secularism.org.uk/baptism.htm.

Lord, please help the ignorant that hate us.

First of all, those gay people who have been born Catholic should actively renounce their connections with the Church.
If I ever meet somebody "born" Catholic, they should leave for sheer stupidity. We aren't born Catholic, we are baptized Catholic.
They should send a letter to the diocese in which they were born
We don't get 'born' in a diocese, most of use use hospitals. I think they mean the Parish that one is Baptized at. That is your home.
stating that they no longer wished to be regarded as a Catholic, and making clear why.
um... having s.s.attraction isn't a reason. But is stupidity?

Theologian in Training

Why is it that the attack the Church as though it is a corporate conglomerate? They act as though not giving them money will defeat the Church. Man, if that was all they had to do, then the Church would have fallen many many many years ago. "The gates of Hell shall not prevail..." when will they see that lack of money, support, or even resources will not damage the Church. It took 12 men, there are many more than that today. In this war the Devil seems to be the wisest: if you attack the sheperds you destroy the flock, not vice versa. He is doing a great job at that, which is why our priests, both holy and wordly, need our prayers.

God Bless

hyperdulia again

I wonder who they think they're inducing to leave, the Courage folks are good Catholics who aren't going ANYWHERE and well people like me, we already know what the Church teaches and really do try to get away, but JP2 has a lasso (spelling?) so...eh.

Theo,

I wouldn't worry too much. Obviously this person knows little about the Catholic Church and probably did not even read the Vatican document. It's pointless to argue with people who refuse to apply any intellect. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.