An Old School Catholic Message Board

Superbowl Xliv

Thy Geekdom Come

Also only one letter off from Colts vs. Aints. Silly Raph. Your optimism is endearing, though. :))

A proud Hoosier here.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='25 January 2010 - 07:09 AM' timestamp='1264421396' post='2044108']
I'm not even sure if I can watch the game because every time I say anything to the tv, my kids tell me I'm not nice. I'm not even being mean... Things like, "get 'im, get 'im, get 'im" or "C'mon Favre... get back out there and play!" ("Mom, he's hurt, he can't help it...")

So, um, yeah... yesterday's game-- not fun for me.
[/quote]
"You're a bad TV! You're a very bad TV!"

Thy Geekdom Come

Any chance a mod could add a short poll to this to see where the PMers' allegiance lies? Saints or Colts?

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Raphael' date='25 January 2010 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1264393070' post='2044000']
I think you know which side to root for...only one letter off from [i]Saints vs. Cults[/i]. Come on. It's a sign from the heavens.
[/quote]

Well, isn't that con-VEEEEN-ient? ;)

Similar to... SANTA vs. SATAN!?!

:P

My main interest is the party. We're expecting in the neighborhood of 35 people. We're burning our mortgage at half-time, so we may have some firemen for the second half.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='25 January 2010 - 11:58 AM' timestamp='1264438712' post='2044193']
Well, isn't that con-VEEEEN-ient? ;)

Similar to... SANTA vs. SATAN!?!

:P
[/quote]
Yeah, but if you try to turn saints into satan, the best you can really do is satins, and who's afraid of fabric?

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Raphael' date='25 January 2010 - 01:40 PM' timestamp='1264441257' post='2044224']
Yeah, but if you try to turn saints into satan, the best you can really do is satins, and who's afraid of fabric?
[/quote]

True, true. Don't mind me -- only being a bit cheeky (and channeling in some Church Lady). :hehe:

I'm actually not sure yet which team I'll be cheering for, but at least I do plan on watching! :smokey:

Edited by laetitia crucis

Well I watched both championship games yesterday, and I have to say, it will be
another AFC Super Bowl win this year.

The Colts.

Jim

[quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' date='25 January 2010 - 01:28 AM' timestamp='1264400889' post='2044074']
Yea but which team has had archbishops, nuns, and priests show up for their games? Which team has a commercial where the mascot kneels in front of a priest and gets a blessing? Which team's quarterback comes to a city and says he feels that God put him there to help re-energize a city that needed to be believed in when they had nothing? Which team's coach came in when their stadium had holes in the roof and had water damage? Which team was founded on All Saints Day and makes no attempt to hide the fact that its name is a reference to the Catholic heritage of a city? That's right. Now which team are you going to cheer for in their first Superbowl ever since their establishment as an organization in 1966 (even though technically they didn't field a team until '67)?
[/quote]

I'm going to have to go with the boys in blue (our lady's color) There's a ton of priests, nuns, and bishops at our games too.

[quote name='Nadezhda' date='25 January 2010 - 09:41 AM' timestamp='1264430504' post='2044132']
Also only one letter off from Colts vs. Aints. Silly Raph. Your optimism is endearing, though. :))

A proud Hoosier here.
[/quote]

haha win. (go Hoosiers, by the way. We're pretty much awesome)