An Old School Catholic Message Board

Superbowl Xliv

Thy Geekdom Come

dominicansoul

[quote name='havok579257' date='25 January 2010 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1264454336' post='2044335']
COLTS for the win and Peyton Manning secures his spot as the greatest QB of all time.
[/quote]
joe montana already holds that position

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' date='25 January 2010 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1264453410' post='2044325']
Probably the Colts. They did beat the Patriots a couple years back!
[/quote]

They beat them this year as well. Yeah, it was mostly because that Pats coach was an idiot at the end, but that's completely beside the point :P

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Benson (the Saints owner) has Mass in the Superdome for team staff and players on Sunday mornings before home games, and I heard that recently they have been celebrated by the Archbishop. AND Mr. Benson is a huge donor to many legit things in the Church, to include the Nashville Dominicans. :)

All New Orleanians have a certain affection for Peyton Manning, due to his father Archie and what he did for the city and the team, as well as because Peyton and Eli grew up in New Orleans. But the home team comes first. Even if the Colts are statistically the better team (or whatever banter is said by the talking heads), the Saints will win this game. It's our destiny this year. It's about more than football.

The Saints will come marching in to Miami ready to win, and they will march home to New Orleans with a Lombardi Trophy.

[quote name='Ave Maria Totus Tuus' date='25 January 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1264459927' post='2044397']
SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Benson (the Saints owner) has Mass in the Superdome for team staff and players on Sunday mornings before home games, and I heard that recently they have been celebrated by the Archbishop. AND Mr. Benson is a huge donor to many legit things in the Church, to include the Nashville Dominicans. :)

All New Orleanians have a certain affection for Peyton Manning, due to his father Archie and what he did for the city and the team, as well as because Peyton and Eli grew up in New Orleans. But the home team comes first. Even if the Colts are statistically the better team (or whatever banter is said by the talking heads), the Saints will win this game. It's our destiny this year. It's about more than football.

The Saints will come marching in to Miami ready to win, and they will march home to New Orleans with a Lombardi Trophy.
[/quote]

That's really awesome! The Saints were already my second favorite team, based on the name, but that bit of knowledge definitely secures that spot (they'll never trump my colts, though :love: )

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

[quote name='Ave Maria Totus Tuus' date='25 January 2010 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1264459927' post='2044397']
SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

That's pretty sweet. I didn't know that either. I was wondering how Benson was able to convince the Archbishop to come to the game. I didn't know they had mass their either. SHWEET!

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='brightsadness' date='25 January 2010 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1264451558' post='2044308']
Jazz, beignets, come on. I love New Orleans.
[/quote]
...zydeco...

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='loveletslive' date='25 January 2010 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1264471285' post='2044560']
HOO
HOO
HOO
HOOSIERS :)
[/quote]
Worst. sports. movie. ever.

[quote name='loveletslive' date='25 January 2010 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1264471285' post='2044560']
HOO
HOO
HOO
HOOSIERS :)
[/quote]

haha YES!!!

the Saints colors are the same as Purdue's. That makes them bad.

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='25 January 2010 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1264454584' post='2044337']
joe montana already holds that position
[/quote]

I am the biggest Montana fan myself and right now he is the greatest qb, but if Peyton wins one more superbowl, by the end of his career he will be the greatest ever. No doubt about it. Montana will still be the greatest comeback qb of all time but Peyton will go down as the overall greatest qb ever. His body of work is/will be above everyone else.

[quote name='Ave Maria Totus Tuus' date='25 January 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1264459927' post='2044397']
SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

It took 5 turnovers and OT to beat the Vikings. No way the Colts turn the ball over 5 times. Without that, the Saints don't stand a chance.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='havok579257' date='25 January 2010 - 09:37 PM' timestamp='1264473461' post='2044590']
It took 5 turnovers and OT to beat the Vikings. No way the Colts turn the ball over 5 times. Without that, the Saints don't stand a chance.
[/quote]
Just because you're wrong doesn't mean you have to go proving it to all of us. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Raphael' date='25 January 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1264473685' post='2044594']
Just because you're wrong doesn't mean you have to go proving it to all of us. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Just stating the facts. The Vikings had 4 turnovers and yet had a chance to win it before OT. To me that says something. If a team can be minus 3 in the turnover colum and still be one play away from winning the game, that makes you question how good the team is they were playing. Cause the vast majority of the time, if a team is minus 3 in turnovers, they won't be one play away from winning the game. They will be getting beat bad. Yet that was not the case here.

[quote name='havok579257' date='26 January 2010 - 03:42 AM' timestamp='1264491747' post='2044834']
Just stating the facts. The Vikings had 4 turnovers and yet had a chance to win it before OT. To me that says something. If a team can be minus 3 in the turnover colum and still be one play away from winning the game, that makes you question how good the team is they were playing. Cause the vast majority of the time, if a team is minus 3 in turnovers, they won't be one play away from winning the game. They will be getting beat bad. Yet that was not the case here.
[/quote]

I have no idea what Favre was thinking when he threw that last INT. Open field in front of him! Run!

[quote name='mcts' date='25 January 2010 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1264457441' post='2044371']
They beat them this year as well. Yeah, it was mostly because that Pats coach was an idiot at the end, but that's completely beside the point [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/P.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Actually, coach Belichick made the right decision. His offense performed better than his defense, so he was better to go with the offense.

Jim