An Old School Catholic Message Board

Superbowl Xliv

Thy Geekdom Come

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='havok579257' date='26 January 2010 - 02:42 AM' timestamp='1264491747' post='2044834']
Just stating the facts. The Vikings had 4 turnovers and yet had a chance to win it before OT. To me that says something. If a team can be minus 3 in the turnover colum and still be one play away from winning the game, that makes you question how good the team is they were playing. Cause the vast majority of the time, if a team is minus 3 in turnovers, they won't be one play away from winning the game. They will be getting beat bad. Yet that was not the case here.
[/quote]
You misspelled column. Therefore, your argument is invalid. GO SAINTS!

By the way, I'm intentionally making illogical arguments. Don't let it get to you. I am rooting for the saints, though, as I live in Louisiana. I just don't really know much of anything about football.

The fact that the Saints won a hard-fought game and the Colts won easily is why the Colts will lose.

The Colts will be sitting on their laurels, whereas the Saints will be training their butts off.

Plus, Peyton Manning will get hit. A lot.

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

[quote name='scardella' date='26 January 2010 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1264520596' post='2044903']
The fact that the Saints won a hard-fought game and the Colts won easily is why the Colts will lose.

The Colts will be sitting on their laurels, whereas the Saints will be training their butts off.

[/quote]

:clap:

[quote name='scardella' date='26 January 2010 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1264520596' post='2044903']

[/quote]

False. Manning trains every week like he's getting ready for the biggest game of his life.

lol You have to wonder how many Saints fans will be at Mass the morning before praying that the Saints win. I'm a Saints fan, but even if I wasn't I'd have to pull for them. The fact that they've never been to the Superbowl before is enough to have me pull for them. It definitely means a lot to the city of New Orleans (and the entire state) that their team is going. I believe it will help the morale of the city. They had a pretty good season after Katrina and it really helped the people focus on something other than the fact that they'd lost everything. So many down there are still having a hard time.

[quote name='StColette' date='26 January 2010 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1264526709' post='2044939']
lol You have to wonder how many Saints fans will be at Mass the morning before praying that the Saints win. I'm a Saints fan, but even if I wasn't I'd have to pull for them. The fact that they've never been to the Superbowl before is enough to have me pull for them. It definitely means a lot to the city of New Orleans (and the entire state) that their team is going. I believe it will help the morale of the city. They had a pretty good season after Katrina and it really helped the people focus on something other than the fact that they'd lost everything. So many down there are still having a hard time.
[/quote]

If it was anybody but the Colts that they were playing against, I'd totally be on their bandwagon. I do know that there are going to be tons of prayers said for both teams.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='mcts' date='26 January 2010 - 12:33 PM' timestamp='1264527233' post='2044952']
If it was anybody but the Colts that they were playing against, I'd totally be on their bandwagon. I do know that there are going to be tons of prayers said for both teams.
[/quote]
I can understand that. I support LSU all the way, but if they ever played the Huskers, I'd be sleeping on the balcony because Jennie wouldn't want to share a bed with me. :P

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

[quote name='Raphael' date='26 January 2010 - 02:28 PM' timestamp='1264530483' post='2045003']
I can understand that. I support LSU all the way, but if they ever played the Huskers, I'd be sleeping on the balcony because Jennie wouldn't want to share a bed with me. :P
[/quote]

Geaux Tigers.....GEAUX SAINTS!!! WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS!?

Edited by Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

[quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' date='26 January 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1264537583' post='2045137']
Geaux Tigers.....GEAUX SAINTS!!! WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS!?
[/quote]

um... the Colts say that :mellow:

:P

[quote name='zunshynn' date='26 January 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1264556714' post='2045349']
I actually think the 49ers are going to win... :ninja:
[/quote]

I don't know. The Lions are looking pretty good... :mellow:

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

[quote name='mcts' date='26 January 2010 - 06:48 PM' timestamp='1264546110' post='2045208']
um... the Colts say that :mellow:

:P
[/quote]

The Colts can
[b]C[/b]ount
[b]O[/b]n
[b]L[/b]osing
[b]T[/b]he
[b]S[/b]uper Bowl!!!!!

WHO DAT!? :saint:

Edited by Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

The Saints will fall victim to what has become an all-encompassing truth in the NFL:

Eventually, Peyton is gonna get you.

You can bring the blitz, you can hit him and beat him up. You can shut down Wayne and Clark. So he'll just throw to Collie and Garcon and Brown/Addai. At the end of the day, he's gonna find the flaws and exploit them. He's just that beaver dam good!