An Old School Catholic Message Board

If You Could Design A Habit...

Tridenteen

Lil'Monster

Camoflage cuz it rocks my socks off! lol yeah i got camoflage everything....wait no i dont...i wished i did! lol

rotfl

Mary Magdalene

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1302201719' post='2226713']
Camoflage cuz it rocks my socks off! lol yeah i got camoflage everything....wait no i dont...i wished i did! lol

rotfl

[/quote]

?? For a habit! lol :clapping:

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1302201719' post='2226713']

rotfl

[/quote]

So I'm guessing your order would also go hunting and have shotguns and to help support themselves they would process deer and do taxidermy. :rotfl:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='emilier98' timestamp='1302275842' post='2226905']
So I'm guessing your order would also go hunting and have shotguns and to help support themselves they would process deer and do taxidermy. :rotfl:
[/quote]

:blink:

:crazy:

rotfl

Lil'Monster

[quote name='emilier98' timestamp='1302275842' post='2226905']
[/quote]

yeah that would be avvesome! :dance:

im not kiddin at all i think it would be a great idea we need more women hunting!

we also can hang out with Ted Nugent too! lol

yes i know im weird! lol

Edited by Lil'Monster

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1302719867' post='2228256']
yeah that would be avvesome! :dance:

im not kiddin at all i think it would be a great idea we need more women hunting!

we also can hang out with Ted Nugent too! lol

yes i know im weird! lol
[/quote]

Oh weird does not begin to describe it.

They could also hunt turkey and all sorts of wild game and that way they would never have to buy food. They could live in the mountains off the land.

Lil'Monster

[quote name='emilier98' timestamp='1302720455' post='2228270']
Oh weird does not begin to describe it.

They could also hunt turkey and all sorts of wild game and that way they would never have to buy food. They could live in the mountains off the land.
[/quote]

i dont live in the mountains and there are turkeys here where i live :|

yeah i dont know what we call the order though

Lil'Monster

[quote name='emilier98' timestamp='1302731337' post='2228396']
Sisters of perpetual preparedness for the impending zombie apocalypse
[/quote]

heck no

MargaretTeresa

I would love this habit I roughly sketched using Paint. It combines the Marian blue with the Carmelite brown. The veil and scapular would be the same color; I used darker on the veil so it could be differentiated. The veil would fall to the waist. The skirt is flared out. There is also the long Rosary tucked into the belt. Simple cross necklace.

http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0099009/photos/ninjabelle/5618161764/

MargaretTeresa

I would love this habit I roughly sketched using Paint. It combines the Marian blue with the Carmelite brown. The veil and scapular would be the same color; I used darker on the veil so it could be differentiated. The veil would fall to the waist. The skirt is flared out. There is also the long Rosary tucked into the belt. Simple cross necklace.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1302747423' post='2228495']

[/quote]

You know what? That habit is very similar to the one I wanted to design when I was considering emerging my own order! I wanted to combine both the Franciscan and Carmelite spiritualities and name it the Franciscan Sisters of St. Therese and Our Lady of Mt Carmel! I wished I had kept my drawing of the habit. :( I would have posted it here. The only differences were that I was going to have a chocolate brown veil to match the Brown scapular. I think ours were flipped. I wanted to have the Brown scapular of Mt. Carmel, a jean-like tunic with a Franciscan cord and the Franciscan Crown Rosary. :)

Great minds think alike, eh? :like:

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1302749145' post='2228502']
You know what? That habit is very similar to the one I wanted to design when I was considering emerging my own order! I wanted to combine both the Franciscan and Carmelite spiritualities and name it the Franciscan Sisters of St. Therese and Our Lady of Mt Carmel! I wished I had kept my drawing of the habit. :( I would have posted it here. The only differences were that I was going to have a chocolate brown veil to match the Brown scapular. I think ours were flipped. I wanted to have the Brown scapular of Mt. Carmel, a jean-like tunic with a Franciscan cord and the Franciscan Crown Rosary. :)

Great minds think alike, eh? :like:
[/quote]

So I sketched it out and swapped the colors...I like the swap better. Hehehehe. :smile3:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1302750571' post='2228518']
So I sketched it out and swapped the colors...I like the swap better. Hehehehe. :smile3:
[/quote]

HEEEEEEYYYYYY! :P

rotfl

Just thinking of all that's involved in started up an order... the special calling to do so... the leadership, grace, strength, persistance, crosses, holiness... It makes my knees tremble.

I love the idea of mixing Carmelite with Franciscan. I really like Carmelite teachings.