An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do You Celebrate Your Baptism Birthday?

Sarah147

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello! :)

A Sister on EWTN shared about celebrating your Baptism day birthday. I thought it sounded like a wonderful idea and I want to do something for it yearly, if I remember to!

Please do the poll. When is your Baptism day and what's the feast or memorial that day?

God bless you.

she_who_is_not

I was baptized on Easter as an infant and then was received into the Church/Confirmed on Easter! So, yes, I celebrate. My friends and I have a tradition of going out for pancakes after Easter Vigil to celebrate my anniversary as a Catholic.

You know this is awful, but I can't tell you the day I was baptised as a Baptist. I can tell you the day and place I accepted Jesus, but not my baptism; my church made me wait until the end of the fiscal quarter so they could maximize the amount of people they baptised at once. As for Easter Vigil, I definitely celebrate after it :)

Have you got a baptism record? Your Church ought to have it on file, I would think. They need it for getting confirmed.

Baptist churches don't tend to do baptismal certificates, so I had to get a letter from them saying the year I was baptised on church stationary. :idontknow:

dominicansoul

I've celebrated it every year since i can remember. My birthday is Jan. 3rd, and my baptism day is Jan. 10, seven days later. That also happens to be the Baptism of Jesus. I celebrate my birthday every year by sleeping in the fetal position the night before. hhahahaha I celebrate my Baptism by sleeping prostrate on the ground in cruciform...(not really, but that sounds like a good idea!)

TeresaBenedicta

I celebrate it twice :saint:

I was baptized Easter of 2007, which was April 7th. So I celebrate on April 7th AND on Easter. It's a party. :dance:

I wanted to do it when I was little.
But, my family was never into it and when June 21 rolled around, there was no one there to remind me.
Now I celebrate my Confirmation Day!

Edited to add: I was Baptized as an infant. I don't remember it. I remember my Confirmation, though. :blush: )

Edited by Tally Marx

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1296773003' post='2208347']
My birthday is Jan. 3rd, and my baptism day is Jan. 10, seven days later. That also happens to be the Baptism of Jesus.
[/quote]

WAY COOL!!

I'm not sure when I was baptized, but I know I was about 9 months old by then (I was born very premature and spent a few months in the hospital). I do celebrate the day I reverted (and that I survived that confession!), though. April 21st. :saint: