An Old School Catholic Message Board

It's Saturday!

Maximilianus

TheresaThoma

I had a nice Saturday. I slept in, made apple pancakes (the recipe called for shredded apples and it was amazing). went to Mass, witnessed a friend make his total consecration. Went out to lunch, went to Adoration for over an hour came home cleaned up, messed around on my computer and now I am getting ready to head to bed.

Maximilianus

9 years ago today I became a member of this joint, it was definitely different from the usual place I posted at, some Catholic place with lots of answers. Eventually my defection was complete. When I first started I made it a point to post mostly outside of the lame board, back then you could track the ratio of your post, I didn't want my curriculum vitae to be all lameness. I did pretty well, but then I fell... I blame DS, vee, mission seeker and the Kolbe.

I must admit, the pm I joined was different from it's current state, such is life.

God bless you all

prost

Edited by Maximilianus
grammar and stuff, and quadrangulares

Maximilianus

When I was 9 years old my favorite cartoon was ThunderCats.  It was new, not in syndication. 

one time ds and I were toobing down a pretty texas river and there were some people floating ahead of us that had similar music playing.  if I had one day left to live id get up go to Mass then hop back on that river with some beer, my best friend and similar music drifting in the distance.....

Maximilianus

The song is from Juan Luis Guerra - 440's album "Ojala Que Llueva Cafe" (I hope it rains coffee) came out 1989, really made it's impression in the early 1990s, so to me it's more of the early 1990's scene.

It's the album that put Guerra and his band on the map outside of the Dominican Republic as far a tropical Latino music goes. Very popular In PR. For me it's one of those "soundtrack of your life" albums,  

dominicansoul

one time ds and I were toobing down a pretty texas river and there were some people floating ahead of us that had similar music playing.  if I had one day left to live id get up go to Mass then hop back on that river with some beer, my best friend and similar music drifting in the distance.....

And all the cussing as well????

dominicansoul

The song is from Juan Luis Guerra - 440's album "Ojala Que Llueva Cafe" (I hope it rains coffee) came out 1989, really made it's impression in the early 1990s, so to me it's more of the early 1990's scene.

It's the album that put Guerra and his band on the map outside of the Dominican Republic as far a tropical Latino music goes. Very popular In PR. For me it's one of those "soundtrack of your life" albums, 

The Electric Light Orchestra of the 70's-early 80s is the soundtrack of my life...

Especially their "Out of the Blue" and "Time" albums...