An Old School Catholic Message Board

It's Saturday!

Maximilianus

Maximilianus

The yeast woke up, unfortunately I will not be able to brew beer until the weekend.

Cider it is, made with abbey ale yeast. Not sure how that will turn out

Maximilianus

Just finished brewing the batch of beer I was supposed to brew last week.

Now  I only have to wait 6 months to try it, 12/24/2015, which is not a Saturday.

Maximilianus

My appreciation for beer is profound, so profound that I can not express in words my appreciation.

I'm being partly lame... when you take in consideration the history and craft of brewing beer you ave to have some degree of admiration.

Sadly, for a lot of people around the world beer is merely a means of intoxication, they have no appreciation of it's history, the acumen and skill it takes to make GOOD beer, or the level of dedication. Most people are only aware of macro brewery adjunct beers many of which are inferior (even many green bottle imports, except for Spaten, Spaten is good, exept when it's skunky...from being in a green bottle)

Prost

TheresaThoma

My dad brewed beer (very yummy and not too hoppy) and living in a state with lots of microbrews I learned to really love good beer. My dad made a coconut porter, YUM! it surprisingly tasted more like chocolate than coconut which was fine by me. I'm also a fan of a nice fruity ale. Sometimes though those can get a bit too hoppy and be too bitter.

My sister and brother-in-law brew mead as well. That stuff is dangerous, it is sweet but has high levels of alcohol. You have to keep careful track of how much you drink. I might have to see if I can get a bottle of their most recent brew. They have been experimenting with different flavorings such as blueberry or cinnamon.

Maximilianus

It's almost Saturday.

Just bottled the cider I made with the yeast that was supposed to be for beer. So far so good.