An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sspx-Judgment Day, Sept 14

Aloysius

bernard,
If what you say is true then the gates of hell has prevailed over the Church, which would make Christ a liar or a failure. That I do not accept.

aloysius, you should listen to bernard, cos, he pretty much is displaying what I've been trying to tell you guys throughout this thread, these are the views of the majority of the SSPX followers...you not being an SSPXer could not possibly know...

only reason i know about that is because one of my dearest Doms left the convent because she was convinced, as Bernard is, that the Catholic Church as we all know it isn't the true one...and she herself subscribes to the same ideas and is a follower of the SSPX...(and I love her dearly and talk to her on a regular basis...)

but seriously....chip.on.da.shoulder.glorified

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Visit [url="http://www.cathinfo.com/"]http://www.cathinfo.com/[/url] which is self described as, "Traditional Catholic Forum - A place for SSPX and other Traditional Catholics to discuss matters pertaining to the Catholic Faith". There, bernards are a dime a dozen on there and pretty much confirms DS's points. Just check members signatures there.[/font][/size]

Edited by Papist

it's sad, may God have mercy on the bitter and soften their hearts a little bit.

I hope that they are included back in the fold so to speak, and I hope that such a mood will not consolidate their bitterness, but rather give them the grace to become less caustic and big meanies.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1316182419' post='2305402']
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Visit [url="http://www.cathinfo.com/"]http://www.cathinfo.com/[/url] which is self described as, "Traditional Catholic Forum - A place for SSPX and other Traditional Catholics to discuss matters pertaining to the Catholic Faith". There, bernards are a dime a dozen on there and pretty much confirms DS's points. Just check members signatures there.[/font][/size]
[/quote]

[url="http://www.cathinfo.com/catholic.php?a=forum&f=3"]Resistance Movement[/url]
Catholics resisting errors, conspiracies (Liberalism, Zionism, Freemasonry, Judeo-Masonry, Communism, Modernism) and evil men who conspire against mankind (Neo-cons, Bilderburgers, New World Order, Big Pharma, Media, Globalists, Bankers, [b]and many Jews)[/b]

Can we please stop blaming the Jews for everything? They've had it hard enough I would say.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1316181977' post='2305397']
bernard,
If what you say is true then the gates of hell has prevailed over the Church, which would make Christ a liar or a failure. That I do not accept.
[/quote]

How many time s do I have to say this, there have been nearly 40 imposter popes in the history of the Church. During the Arian heresy St Jerome said that 4 out of 5 bishops embraced the heresy. The gates of hell certainly have not prevailed, its is just another tumultuous episode in the history of the church.

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1316182176' post='2305399']

only reason i know about that is because one of my dearest Doms left the convent because she was convinced, as Bernard is, that the Catholic Church as we all know it isn't the true one...and she herself subscribes to the same ideas and is a follower of the SSPX...(and I love her dearly and talk to her on a regular basis...)
[/quote]

Right we don't believe that the Church as "you all know it" is the one true Church. It is the Vatican II cult masquerading as the Catholic Church.
If a wretch like Paul VI contradicts a great Pope like St. Pius V I'm going to go with St. Pius V.

[i]We[/i] believe what you once believed. [i]We[/i] worship as you once worshipped. [i]If we are wrong now[/i], [i]you were wrong then[/i]. [i]If you were right then[/i], [i]we[/i] are right now.

Bernard, how long have you been a member of the SSPX? And can you tell us exactly how you feel about the talks with the Vatican? What do the majority of the SSPXers feel about it? Do you think its going to happen? Do you think it will be good for the Society to be regularized, or do you think it should stay the way things are now?

[quote name='bernard' timestamp='1316183617' post='2305411']

How many time s do I have to say this, there have been nearly 40 imposter popes in the history of the Church. During the Arian heresy St Jerome said that 4 out of 5 bishops embraced the heresy. The gates of hell certainly have not prevailed, its is just another tumultuous episode in the history of the church.
[/quote]
We are discussing modern times, no? You are saying there is no Pope. How can than be based on Christ's promise?

I know many SSPX followers who do not espouse Bernard's views, though they have views that you would likely find equally non-kosher, but which do not separate one from the Church. The Siri theory is not a majority opinion among the SSPX, though some hold it. of course, there ARE lay followers of the SSPX who espouse these views; among the laity that follow the SSPX there are a wide range from sedevacantists to sedeprivationists to sedeimpedists (the Siri theory pretty much)

the SSPX is a priestly society; the only members of it are priests and the four bishops (Bernard is not a member). lay people who attend their masses have a wide range of opinions on the crisis in the Church; the leadership and priests officially recognize Benedict XVI as the legitimate pope, and they pray for him at the correct point in the canon in all of their masses. cathinfo is generally on the more extreme end of the spectrum; fisheaters tends to run the gambit but the site owners officially reject any sedevacantism and do not permit that theory to be argued, there's a small forum composed of many former phatmassers that range in support for the SSPX but are very reasonable about it. cathinfo does not speak for the traditional movement. you get lots of very vocal people on the internet with the most extreme of the views, but the average layman in the SSPX pews, while being too extreme for your tastes most likely, is not going to call the popes "imposters" and all that rubbish. they might speak about "modernists in Rome", sure, but well, there sure are some modernists in Rome, there are modernists all over the Church, holding to beliefs condemned in the Syllabus of Errors.

if a deal is struck we are likely to see the SSPX left pretty much as is, with freedom to criticize certain aspects of Vatican II and certain formulations of the post-conciliar Church's statements. because as Hoyos pointed out to Fellay when he told him to ask for the removal of the excommunications, those positions do not make them not Catholic.

Edited by Aloysius

technically, only the priests are members, but I know that SSPXers consider themselves members of that Society because they follow those priests...

[quote name='bernard' timestamp='1316181893' post='2305395']
I'm not a sedevacantist.
[/quote]
If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and attends radical sedevacantist congregations like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Also, I'm inclined not to take advice about heresy from an individual who can't spell the word.

where does bernard attend (because people here were acting like he attends the sspx, so I'm confused)? SSPX is not a sedevacantist group at all, and as I have mentioned it EXPELS priests from its society if they express sedevacantist views.

there is a third order membership for laymen, I believe... but I'm trying to point out that the opinions of some attendees at those chapels represent the opinions of the people to whom the SSPX ministers, not the opinions of the SSPX. if there were a liberal sedevacantist (which, in practice, there might as well be many of those) attending a Novus Ordo, the priest of that parish would rightly continue to minister to that person.

[quote name='bernard' timestamp='1316165450' post='2305347']
I don't want to offend you but you really need to wake up.
[/quote]

Really? You're goal is not to offend? then don't call the mass a joke. B/c that is kind of offensive.

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1316185645' post='2305426']
where does bernard attend (because people here were acting like he attends the sspx, so I'm confused)?
[/quote]
I don't know where he attends, but it seems like SSPX would be a little too liberal wishy washy for him.