Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Catholic Employeers Kill For Free

74 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The Obama administration plans to announce today that it will require all employers to comply with a new mandate in the health law providing free contraception in any health insurance they provide to women without a co-pay. Religious employers that don’t currently offer insurance that covers contraception due to moral objections must also comply with the law but have a one-year delay before they must implement the mandate, according to the
Religious institutions that do provide contraception, such as Catholic universities and hospitals, must start offering free coverage when the new rule takes effect,

Posted · Report post

Is there any legal possibility that this could be repealed under a new administration?

Posted · Report post

Providing poor people personal preventive services, is just another way to say “I love you”
[i]Kathleen Sebelius[/i]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='add' timestamp='1327150024' post='2372592']
Providing poor people personal preventive services, is just another way to say “I love you”
[i]Kathleen Sebelius[/i]
[/quote]

:x
Byzantine likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='add' timestamp='1327097534' post='2372243']
The Obama administration plans to announce today that it will require all employers to comply with a new mandate in the health law providing free contraception in any health insurance they provide to women without a co-pay. Religious employers that don’t currently offer insurance that covers contraception due to moral objections must also comply with the law but have a one-year delay before they must implement the mandate, according to the
Religious institutions that do provide contraception, such as Catholic universities and hospitals, must start offering free coverage when the new rule takes effect,
[/quote]

There are companies and Catholic colleges that would completely drop their health plan if this succeeds.
Lil Red likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='13271542a35' post='2372608']
There are companies and Catholic colleges that would completely drop their health plan if this succeeds.
[/quote]
it is done,
B. Obama

Posted · Report post

[quote name='add' timestamp='1327156456' post='2372619']
it is done,
B. Obama
[/quote]

How can this be legal, to mandate this?

Posted · Report post

“Cardinal-elect Timothy Dolan, president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, spoke out very strongly today (January 20, 2012) against this move.
Cardinal-elect Dolan also said, ‘To force American citizens to choose between violating their consciences and forgoing their healthcare is literally unconscionable.’

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1327157371' post='2372622']
How can this be legal, to mandate this?
[/quote]

I thought the same, but in a case where Califiornia state regulations compelled Catholic Charities to cover contraceptives in their health plans, and Catholic Charities claimed it violated their first amendment rights to religious freedom, courts ruled that they don't count as a religion because they assist people of other faiths.

[url="http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-03-01-catholic-charities_x.htm"]http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-03-01-catholic-charities_x.htm[/url]

Go figure, right?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1327154235' post='2372608']
[/quote]

the Obama administration has pledged to resist such religious extremism.
~ so the gloves are off :fight:

Posted · Report post

Obama is using strategic threat assessment. That's another word for "Sit down, shut up, and do as you're told, subject."
Socrates and Lil Red like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='add' timestamp='1327240056' post='2373169']
the Obama administration has pledged to resist such religious extremism.
~ so the gloves are off :fight:
[/quote]

Gez. The dude's a menace.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks to the current administration casual sex is a right for every man, woman and child - or any combination thereof Edited by add

Posted · Report post

To restrict it to humans is discriminatory.
Ice_nine likes this

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

This is what will happen at our parish with my wife's job. Looks like our little family will be without medical benefits for a while.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Scofizzle' timestamp='1327331734' post='2373757']
This is what will happen at our parish with my wife's job. Looks like our little family will be without medical benefits for a while.
[/quote]
[size="4"]{5:30} And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it away from you. For it is better for you that one of your members perish, than that your whole body go into Hell.[/size]
sixpence likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Scofizzle' timestamp='1327331734' post='2373757']
[/quote]
If your household income is less than 250% of the poverty level, RXassist.org would be worth looking into for any regular prescription medications.

Posted · Report post

Do they have any choice on what contraceptions they must offer? For example, can they limit to the kind that blocks the meeting of sperm and egg rather than ones that can be abortificants?

Posted · Report post

Starting August 1, any new insurance plans must include free coverage for prescription contraceptives, including plan B or the morning-after pill.

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

The problem is if they do choose to drop health care for their employees, such organizations will be hit with a hefty fine. If an organization employs 100 people and opts not to give them insurance, then it is fined $140,000 for the privilege to follow its conscience. Before the official announcement, the Obama administration had started trying to implement this agenda on a small scale. One group they tried to force it on was my [i]alma mater[/i] Belmont Abbey College. The Monastery and College have been locked in a court case with the administration for the last two months.

[url="http://www.becketfund.org/belmont-abbey-college-v-sebelius-2011-current/"]http://www.becketfund.org/belmont-abbey-college-v-sebelius-2011-current/[/url]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' timestamp='1327340691' post='2373829']
The problem is if they do choose to drop health care for their employees, such organizations will be hit with a hefty fine. If an organization employs 100 people and opts not to give them insurance, then it is fined $140,000 for the privilege to follow its conscience. Before the official announcement, the Obama administration had started trying to implement this agenda on a small scale. One group they tried to force it on was my [i]alma mater[/i] Belmont Abbey College. The Monastery and College have been locked in a court case with the administration for the last two months.

[url="http://www.becketfund.org/belmont-abbey-college-v-sebelius-2011-current/"]http://www.becketfun...s-2011-current/[/url]
[/quote]

I am very familiar with the BAC case. I am good friends with Abbot Placid. Dr. Thierfelder is will not compromise on this.
BAC is suing the gov'ment ,[url="http://news.charlottediocese.net/component/content/article/42-rokstories/1062-belmont-abbey-college-sues-federal-government-over-new-contraception-mandate"]http://news.charlottediocese.net/component/content/article/42-rokstories/1062-belmont-abbey-college-sues-federal-government-over-new-contraception-mandate[/url]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='add' timestamp='1327335834' post='2373794']
Starting August 1, any new insurance plans must include free coverage for prescription contraceptives, including plan B or the morning-after pill.
[/quote]

This is just one step away from mandating abortion to be included. This is so diabolical.