An Old School Catholic Message Board

Our Lady Of The Rock Benedictine Monastery

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Mary's Margaret' timestamp='1332078522' post='2402954']
Nunsense, what a blessed time you are having now on your way to Our Lady of the Rock. I love the way you are gently attentive to everything that is happening along the way. I think sometimes we falsely feed our excitement to keep it at a high level when, if we could be simply and gently attentive, we would see the depth of each experience - which also allows us to place our foot more firmly in the next step. (Hope that makes sense)

I thank you for sharing your journey with us. You are an encouragement to persist and to stay true to our call, even if it comes outside the "normal" timeframe. I pray continual blessing on you as you settle into you new home and Life. May each day's joys and challenges bring you ever more deeply into the very heart of Christ. You are in my prayers.
[/quote]

Amen!

Here's my farewell to-and-for you, a bluegrass version of "Honey in the Rock." You can paraphrase it to "Honey [b]on[/b] the Rock." Go in peace to love and serve the Lord.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuuESDcaNpQ&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuuESDcaNpQ&feature=related[/url]

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1332132394' post='2403741']
Here's my farewell to-and-for you, a bluegrass version of "Honey in the Rock." You can paraphrase it to "Honey [b]on[/b] the Rock." Go in peace to love and serve the Lord.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuuESDcaNpQ&feature=related[/media]
[/quote]

YiiHaaaaaa!!!! :P :paperbag:

AccountDeleted

Once again, thank you to everyone for their sweet posts. I am in California and I ask for your prayers for my brother's family as they are going though a very tough time right now and need lots of strength to cope with it. They are still at the hospital with their daughter, and have been there most of the day. She will be admitted today and they will be home soon, but they are very stressed.

I just got back from a very beautiful Mass and offered my Communion for my niece and lit a candle for her as well, and then prayed a Rosary for her. I know that if everyone here prays, it will really help, especially for my brother and his wife, as it is never easy to see your own child ill.

I am heading back to Shaw Island very early on Monday morning and should be there around 4.30 in the afternoon, in time for Vespers. I am so happy to be going back, and know that I have many people to pray for so being there will be such a blessing for me, but hopefully for others as well, through my prayers. I already sent an email to the sisters and asked them to pray for this my niece and her parents. I know that prayers really help.

I will try to post some more tonight and tomorrow on phatmass, but that depends on what happens when my brother and sister-in-law get back from the hospital - they may need to talk. But after tomorrow night, I won't be on here again until Palm Sunday so if you post here, know that I am not ignoring anyone, I'm just not online.

Thanks to everone. May God bless you all.

Mary's Margaret

Prayers for your niece and her parents, Nunsense. Also for you on the final leg of your journey home.
May all unfold according to His holy will.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Nunsense, whether or not you knew it, you have been an amazing inspiration for me. You never give up on God's Will, and that is a quality that I admire very much. You have always told everyone like it is, no beating around the bush, and you have helped me realize more truth in my discernment.

God Bless you, and you are forever in my prayers.
FCC :heart:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1332641142' post='2407405']
Nunsense, whether or not you knew it, you have been an amazing inspiration for me. You never give up on God's Will, and that is a quality that I admire very much. You have always told everyone like it is, no beating around the bush, and you have helped me realize more truth in my discernment.

God Bless you, and you are forever in my prayers.
FCC :heart:
[/quote]

AL and MM - thank you so much.

FCC - you are so sweet. I guess I didn't give up on God because He has never given up on me. I did have a few times when people tried to convince me that it must not be His Will for me to become a nun because of all the 'failures' I have had, but God sent me a fantastic Benedictine priest at a time when I needed it most, and he told me that if my heart still had the longing, then I had to follow it up. He suggested I try Benedictines and told me about women he knew who had entered very late in life, inspiring me to keep going when I was feeling tired. It was God speaking to me again, because my very first SD was a Benedictine and he tried to get me to think about them but I was so focused on Carmel that I wouldn't listen to him. I am grateful for every experience I have had, as they have all taught me so much, and strengthed my faith and trust in God. I am more in love with Jesus than ever before, and so grateful that He has never given up on me.

I wish all of you a myriad of blessings in your lives, and encourage everyone to listen with the heart and not the head. God doesn't often 'shout' at us, but His whispers are very powerful! :P

At Mass tonight I felt so grateful for my Catholic faith and for His love for each and every one of us. We are all blessed by His love, and my prayer is that everyone who does not know this will have their hearts opened to know Him. He really is unbearable compassion and love. :love:

Chiquitunga

Praised be Jesus Christ! Hi nunsense! Oh my goodness, I've been so very behind on this thread! I am just now learning you are entering on Monday! Wow! Congratulations!! :clap: :nun2:
You've been an inspiration to me too. I remember when you first starting posting here waaay back. Please keep me in prayer too. I've been on this journey on a long while too... You give me hope! Thank you!! May God bless and Mary keep you! :pray:

TheresaThoma

Nunsense,
I'm so excited for you! I'm also grateful that I got to know you through this forum.Even though I didn't "talk" much with you, I always loved reading your responses in threads because I knew that it would be a very balanced approach with lots of wisdom! I pray that you will be showered with blessings and know that you will always be in my prayers!

BarbTherese
:like2:
Today in Australia, it is Sunday 25th March 2012. I am very conscious today that nunsense will enter OLR tomorrow, Feast of The Annunciation, and my prayer is that she will find her place for life there in OLR and in Peace and in Joy.

AccountDeleted

Thank you all for the prayers - my sister-in-law was very touched when I told her that so many people are praying for their daughter. They got back from the hospital late and then they needed to talk, so it is late and I need sleep, but I just wanted to say that I appreciate all your loving support for me and my family.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='BarbaraTherese' timestamp='1332652514' post='2407749']
:like2:
Today in Australia, it is Sunday 25th March 2012. I am very conscious today that nunsense will enter OLR tomorrow, Feast of The Annunciation, and my prayer is that she will find her place for life there in OLR and in Peace and in Joy.
[/quote]

Now I am on the other side of the world, I am a little behind you. Tomorrow is Sunday for me (or today since it is after midnight) and hopefully the day will be a little more peaceful than yesterday, but we will all be spending it fairly quietly. Thank you for your good wishes for me on Monday.