An Old School Catholic Message Board

Shall My Daughter Be A Nun?

emmaberry101

emmaberry101

Edit: User emmaberry here on my topic posting account.

Frantically searching the net for anything by Father Daniel A. Lord, which is partly Chiquitunga's fault for posting one of his great booklets, All American Girl (link below), I found Father's Shall My Daughter Be A Nun.
[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-MeoFvPNlWrQ/UDXbZB4dX7I/AAAAAAAAAAw/vvQPo3poNjM/s512/IMG_1510.jpg[/img]

It made my mom cry, and that means it is good! :like:

Here it is uploaded if you would like to read it. I hope the quality is ok, as my scanner is down, so the pictures are literal pictures of the booklet.

Shall My Daughter Be A Nun: [url="https://picasaweb.google.com/113228112367147112557/ShallMyDaughterBeANunByDanielALord#"]https://picasaweb.go...nByDanielALord#[/url]
All American Girl thread: [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/109682-all-american-girl-story-of-a-vocation-to-carmel/"]http://www.phatmass....tion-to-carmel/[/url]

Edited by emmaberry101

I've just read this! It's so beautiful, and I may have to take some things from it to tell my own mother. Thank you so much for sharing it.

OnlySunshine

What a struggle between the priest and the mother who did not want her daughter in the convent. It ended absolutely beautifully! I have tears in my eyes from reading it. :)

Oh my goodness, Emma, you scanned it?! Thank you!!! :clap: Okay, I'm reading this as soon as I have the time. I haven't found [i]Shall I be a Nun[/i] yet, but I'm sure it will turn up soon. Thanks again!

FutureCarmeliteClaire

My mom read this book called "My Daughter is a Sister". She loved it, so I recommend it for any of you all's parents.

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1345745833' post='2472773']
Sorry to be OT but, what do you mean by your "topic posting account"? I'm confused.
[/quote]

I think emmaberry mentioned in another thread that her regular Phatmass account won't let her post new topics. There must be some sort of glitch there.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='beatitude' timestamp='1345752357' post='2472862']
I think emmaberry mentioned in another thread that her regular Phatmass account won't let her post new topics. There must be some sort of glitch there.
[/quote]

^^This. And a moderator or admin approved it. ;)

[color=#222222][font=Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)][quote name='beatitude' timestamp='1345752357' post='2472862']
[/quote][/background][/size][/font][/color]
[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1345753867' post='2472905']
^^This. And a moderator or admin approved it. ;)
[/quote]

Out of props, but thank you beatitude and MaterMisericordiae! I will begin mentioning the full story in each new topic. :)

[color=#222222][font=Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)][quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1345750280' post='2472829']
My mom read this book called "My Daughter is a Sister". She loved it, so I recommend it for any of you all's parents.
[/quote]
Thanks for the rec![/background][/size][/font][/color]

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)][quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1345745173' post='2472764'][/background]
[color=#222222][font=Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Oh my goodness, Emma, you scanned it?! Thank you!!! :clap: Okay, I'm reading this as soon as I have the time. I haven't found [i]Shall I be a Nun[/i] yet, but I'm sure it will turn up soon. Thanks again!
[/quote]

Not a scan, sadly it is just pictures of the booklet. I am about to contact the Rockford Poor Clares about Shall I Be A Nun, so don't search too hard! Thank you though.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by emmaberry

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1345754675' post='2472923']Not a scan, sadly it is just pictures of the booklet. I am about to contact the Rockford Poor Clares about Shall I Be A Nun, so don't search too hard! Thank you though.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]
Your pictures are way clearer than my scans! :like:

inperpetuity

Another excellent book by Fr. Lord. I bet he actually did help many to follow their vocations. Thanks so much for posting it. :like2:

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1345750280' post='2472829']
[/quote]

I cannot find this online. Is it sold on Amazon or another online seller, and, if so, could you please direct me to it? Thank you!