An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Dc And Ds Talk To Each Other Thread

DiscerningCatholic

Im not really a fan of the big rosaries that sisters/nuns wear.  Perhaps if they pray the entire thing everyday they might need it but it seems rather unnecessary to me.

dominicansoul

we don't live in "imaginary" land...

we live with our feet planted on the front lines of the battle between good and evil 

:viking: and unlike the ax this little emote is using, our rosary is the ax... this is why they wear it on the sides, like the soldiers wear their weapons.... :smile2:

dominicansoul

its true...

Teresa of Avila

John of the Cross

Elizabeth of the Trinity

Teresa Benedicta...

omigosh...I'm a Carmelite! :shock:

DiscerningCatholic

Well, I DON'T like how your reading list didn't include Therese.

But most of my recent reading has been (unbeknownst to me) written by Dominicans. Shakespeare not included.

we don't live in "imaginary" land...

we live with our feet planted on the front lines of the battle between good and evil 

:viking: and unlike the ax this little emote is using, our rosary is the ax... this is why they wear it on the sides, like the soldiers wear their weapons.... :smile2:

One problem: his axe is in his right hand. Not his left.

Me too :|

So one time I was visiting my sisters (before they were cloistered), and we went to the place where the brothers now live to help fix it up so they could move in. They were all wearing old work habits, and Sr. Marie Veronica, instead of the usual rosary, was wearing one of those plastic ones. I think they do pray with the rosaries they wear, but we were on our hands and knees scrubbing the floors. The longer one would have gotten in the way, but the plastic one was much smaller and she still had a rosary to pray with.

Carmelites are better than Dominicans, but Franciscans are obviously the best  :saint2: