An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hey, This Is A Story With A Quirky Ending

Last night I visited Cathedral of St. Matthew the Apostle. It's very close to where I live. Walking around the Church, I found myself getting a little nostalgic. So I prayer my Rosary a few times as I was walking around and it felt really nice. This morning, I lost that Rosary.

Last night I visited Cathedral of St. Matthew the Apostle. It's very close to where I live. Walking around the Church, I found myself getting a little nostalgic. So I prayer my Rosary a few times as I was walking around and it felt really nice. This morning, I lost that Rosary.

Maybe that is God telling you to keep doing what you were doing, even if the material thing isn't there. Don't stop praying again even if you are not right at the church...

that's neat. I love that Cathedral. Incidentally that's where President Kennedy's funeral was held, the bishop wanted to have it at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception but Jackie Kennedy hated the name of the Shrine. So St. Matthew's it was. I believe the have a concrete marker where his casket was placed.

that's neat. I love that Cathedral. Incidentally that's where President Kennedy's funeral was held, the bishop wanted to have it at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception but Jackie Kennedy hated the name of the Shrine. So St. Matthew's it was. I believe the have a concrete marker where his casket was placed.

Was she Catholic?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Loose the superstition bro. I have recently incorporated a Lutheran friend into a fishing mission, and i was talking to him on the phone about a barracuda that we caught together and my miraculous medal mysteriously fell off my chain. I picked it up and put it back on. Go buy another set of beads bro and pray that the person that finds your set gains a blessing from it. :)

I'm simply impressed you remembered how to do the entire Rosary. I had been doing it my whole life and didn't memorize it all until I was fourteen.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

By the way i can be horribly superstitious, in a romantic kind of way usually . But horribly in an excessive compulsive way when it's bad, my first thoughts when the miraculous medal fell off where " Perhaps Jesus doesn't wan't me to have a relationship with his mom." As soon as i picked it up and put it back on my chain and i prayed, the superstition vanished.

I'm simply impressed you remembered how to do the entire Rosary. I had been doing it my whole life and didn't memorize it all until I was fourteen.

Your parents should have beat you with a spatula until you learned.