An Old School Catholic Message Board

Weird Things Non-catholics Have Told You

RoseOfGuadalupe

RoseOfGuadalupe

Not just "we worship Mary" and what not, but the honestly bizarre.

I was told by a friend that nuns are prostitutes for priests. The same kid also told me that we believe that the monsters in Daniel and Revelation are real and we're all afraid that they'll come out of a swamp and kill us all.

I was told by a friend that nuns are prostitutes for priests. 

Well, tbh, I've had Catholics tell me this as well - usually in the hopes you'd be scared off pursuing a vocation. 

I've been told the Pope has the record and background of every Catholic and non-Catholic in the world in a secret database located in the Vatican.

I've been told the Pope has the record and background of every Catholic and non-Catholic in the world in a secret database located in the Vatican.

Isn't that just called God?

Isn't that just called God?

But unlike God, the Vatican is using this information to control and manipulate the masses, putting its influence in politics and regimes all over the world.

I was asked by a protestant friend once: "Don't Catholics believe that Jesus died but he didn't rise up? Like, he died and that was it?"

"Um, no."

And something not bizarre but just funny: when I was in high school, our school was right near our parish -- and there were some flyers for a parish event that said "B.Y.O.B" and one of my classmates was laughing about it and said "Wow, I can't believe the church over there had a flyer that said "BYOB" on it!" And I think I said something like, "Oh that's my church, we Catholics are totally cool about drinking."

I found out later on that BYOB in the flyer meant "Bring Your Own Bible"

:smile3:

Ancilla Domini

christianity_opt.jpg

Yeah....um... :wall:

None that I can remember from personal experience though. =)

Edited by Ancilla Domini

christianity_opt.jpg

Looking at it from the perspective of a non-Christian, Christianity is weird as heck.  I find it hard to believe sometimes.

Edited by Not A Mallard

christianity_opt.jpg

Yeah....um... :wall:

None that I can remember from personal experience though. =)

That's literally eat his flesh, not symbolically, thank you very much Mr. Uneducated Meme Creator.

Clearly this person confused the Catholics with the Mormons. 

Not The Philosopher

Not really a weird thing people tell me, but when people ask me about what I study, I am at times tempted to tell them that the Vatican is training me to be a Vampire Hunter and that shows like Buffy totally misrepresent the profession.

Not really a weird thing people tell me, but when people ask me about what I study, I am at times tempted to tell them that the Vatican is training me to be a Vampire Hunter and that shows like Buffy totally misrepresent the profession.

So more along the lines of Hellsing, I take it?

Tumblr_lt5yde1bh91r4oye7o1_1280-1-.png