An Old School Catholic Message Board

Weird Things Non-catholics Have Told You

RoseOfGuadalupe

TheresaThoma

Ash Wednesday seems to bring out the weirdness in people. I've had a couple of comments on my ashes typically when they started to wear off and you couldn't see the cross shape as well.

I love the black mark of death comment!!

One of my favorite things came from my friend/Goddaughter who was going through RCIA (she was 17 at the time which makes this even funnier). She asked me if you could hug a priest. I told her it was perfectly fine but it cracked me up because normally she had really difficult questions.

PhuturePriest

Worldwide, I am sure that the majority of Catholics under the age of 21 drink, at least occasionally.

It's called Ireland.

Nihil Obstat

It's called Ireland.

I think it is called literally every other country in the world except America and those Islamic states that ban alcohol. :|

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Not really a weird thing people tell me, but when people ask me about what I study, I am at times tempted to tell them that the Vatican is training me to be a Vampire Hunter and that shows like Buffy totally misrepresent the profession.

Vampires are greedy blood sucking richies, sucking out all the common peoples profits. True story.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Someone needs to make a thread titled "Weird things Catholics Have Told You"

A fellow catholic christian once told me the pope is absolutely infallible, i told him no and he said yes so i said lets go talk to the priest, and the priest said the popes jokes are not infallible. lol.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

ithinkjesusiscool

The weirdest thing was: God doesn't exist!
The existence of God is a fact that doesn't even requier Faith. Just use your reason and you'll understand!