An Old School Catholic Message Board

Planned Parenthood

veritasluxmea

veritasluxmea

Recently there was a shooting at Planned Parenthood and three people died, including a pro-life cop. http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/11/27/3726056/colorado-planned-parenthood-shooting/ if you haven't caught up on it. (Article is ridiculously biased. Says the undercover videos released this summer were "deceptively edited" when the the unedited versions were released and told the same story.) What they write about the cop is honest, however. 

Anyways, it was a few days ago but it came to my attention again today. Cards Against Humanity recently had a spoof on black Friday where they set up a donation account for themselves and raised around 70k. They split the money between the staff, and the staff posted what they planned to do with it. Several people actually made large donations to Planned Parenthood because of the shooting. The company is "progressive-minded" so it's not terribly surprising, but it still made me feel physically sick. So many people I know- including a trans mtf gay rights activist, religious "noners", and just regular people- just don't support planned parenthood anymore. I do see some students around campus asking for signatures to support PP (they're worried about getting their funding cut). Ironically most of them are male. I've told them (nicely!) I'm prolife and watched them to see if they get a lot of signatures. I haven't actually seen anyone stop to sign the petition. 

Posting partly because this is current news, partly to express my shock that people actually support planned parenthood, and partly to see who else is planning to attend the March for Life this January. I'm taking time of work and school to go with several female friends of mine. 

I share your shock over people's support of Planned Parenthood. It makes me sad and angry when I see friends posting online in support of PP. (Of course, my position does not mean that I condone the shooting. It was a tragic incident.)

The rethoric is dangerously close to calling anyone who is prolife as terrorist supporters.  

This is act is a tragedy to say the least but it does not give any vindication to PP.  

SaintOfVirtue

I thought the official statements had yet to declare a motive?  Is it still possible he was just some-crazy and not some-pro-life-crazy or has he made a statement of motive yet?

35 minutes ago, SaintOfVirtue said:

I thought the official statements had yet to declare a motive?  Is it still possible he was just some-crazy and not some-pro-life-crazy or has he made a statement of motive yet?

Given the political climate, to the public, he'll be "some-pro-life-crazy" no matter what he says.

veritasluxmea

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/29/457756325/what-we-know-about-the-alleged-planned-parenthood-shooter 

The article doesn't mention on his voting records he was unaffiliated and registered as a woman. I don't think that means anything, probably just really didn't like the government messing with him. 

50 minutes ago, veritasluxmea said:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/29/457756325/what-we-know-about-the-alleged-planned-parenthood-shooter 

The article doesn't mention on his voting records he was unaffiliated and registered as a woman. I don't think that means anything, probably just really didn't like the government messing with him. 

That's hilarious.

one of those who were with Jesus reached and drew out his weapon, and struck the employee of the planed parenthood and killed him.   Then Jesus said to him, "Put your weapon away; for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword.…

On 11/30/2015, 10:19:39, Ice_nine said:

when will people realize that shooting up or blowing up abortion clinics is counter-productive to their goals? smh

I doubt he was thinking rationally at all when he committed the murders.  At least from what I heard, it isn't clear what his goals are.  He appears to be just a lone crazy.  Apparently, he has no known record of involvement in pro-life groups or activities.

On 11/30/2015, 5:59:08, Gabriela said:

Given the political climate, to the public, he'll be "some-pro-life-crazy" no matter what he says.

True.  Predictably, the Left is practically dancing with vulturine delight at this murder.  It's another opportunity for them to blame and attack all pro-lifers and all opposed to PP or its public funding, as well as renew their demands for more government "gun-control" measures.  Never let a killing go to waste -the facts be damned!  Those people make me sick.

MarysLittleFlower

I read a very leftist article about this in the paper today. It blamed pro life rhetoric on the event. 

Today at the gym someone said on tv that # of people had been injured at a PP clinic in Colorado. I thought, "Aren't people 'injured' at PP clinics around the nation every day?"

I guess because this "injuring" wasn't "sanctioned" and "controlled", it gets attention.

Edited by Gabriela