An Old School Catholic Message Board

Medicare for All

dairygirl4u2c

didn't' the Canadian prime minister receive his medical care, I think it was for cancer in New York, a few years ago?

Edited by little2add

7 minutes ago, little2add said:

didn't' the Canadian prime minister receive his medical care, I think it was for cancer in New York, a few years ago?

No, and also not the point.

2 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

What flavour of koolaid do you prefer?

If you ever send any time in the cancer clinic watching someone die you might appreciate the love and devotion  of the hospital caregivers.   On the contrary to your ideas; doctors nurses and CNA's and others are severely underpaid     

Your assertion that millions of Americans go without healthcare is absurd    Your little shot about drinking poison (Jim Jones) Kool-Aid is cruel and cheap   Hope you are having a good laugh....

BTW: i never really cared for Kool-Aid .  

32 minutes ago, little2add said:

If you ever send any time in the cancer clinic watching someone die you might appreciate the love and devotion  of the hospital caregivers.   On the contrary to your ideas; doctors nurses and CNA's and others are severely underpaid     

Your assertion that millions of Americans go without healthcare is absurd    Your little shot about drinking poison (Jim Jones) Kool-Aid is cruel and cheap   Hope you are having a good laugh....

BTW: i never really cared for Kool-Aid .  

I said precisely nothing about how well paid or otherwise healthcare workers are. And I said precisely nothing as well about the number of Americans who do not have access to healthcare. Seems like I got your attention with the koolaid bit though, so I guess you read one thing I said in this whole thread. Victory achieved?

(And I assure you that my laughter was both hearty and prolonged.)

On January 20, 2016 at 7:33:10 PM, Nihil Obstat said:

I should have mentioned above: while it is clear that the American healthcare system is broken and ineffective, most and perhaps all healthcare schemes across the world have serious and un-addressed flaws. The US is more flawed certainly, 
Basically, healthcare everywhere is broken (most especially the US), and nobody really knows for sure how it should be, or even if it can be fixed.

what are you saying here?

11 minutes ago, little2add said:

what are you saying here?

I am saying exactly what I wrote. The American healthcare system is broken and ineffective, and nobody is precisely sure how to best address the problem.

16 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

I am saying exactly what I wrote. The American healthcare system is broken and ineffective, and nobody is precisely sure how to best address the problem.

It's not broken

14 minutes ago, little2add said:

It's not broken

Oh well, glad we sorted that out then. We must inform The World at once.

dairygirl4u2c
On 1/23/2016, 7:37:14, Socrates said:

i see that number floated a lot. but at best it could only be correct if you dont count what the country is saving in terms of lower premiums etc. no serious person has ever posited that single payer costs more. little2add is a lone voice and by no means a scholar. everyone else in this thread and people in the know know that it's cheaper and covers everyone with better outcomes in general. 

go ahead, i challenge anyone who thinks it costs more to find any reputable site that says otherwise. you cant do it. you have as much google power as anyone. all i've seen is little2add say a state didn't implement it due to cost, when that state had more than costs as a factor to why it didn't work there. 

Edited by dairygirl4u2c