An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Totally Unoffical Phatmass US Presidential Election Poll

Peace

The Totally Unoffical Phatmass US Presidential Election Poll  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I won't vote for Trump or Hillary but if someone was holding a gun to my head telling me I had to pick one it would have to be Trump.

I think the most important thing that will happen over the next four years is the selection of supreme court judges, and on that issue I trust Trump over Hillary to choose candidates more in line with Catholic teaching.

All of his other crazy ideas would have to pass congress so I'm not as concerned with them.

I'm genuinely appalled by how many of you would be willing to put a racist, sexist, insane egomaniac like Trump in the presidency.

Really guys? Really?

I don't think y'all realise just how much the rest of the world is laughing at you for even making this guy a candidate. 

KnightofChrist
9 minutes ago, EmilyAnn said:

I'm genuinely appalled by how many of you would be willing to put a racist, sexist, insane egomaniac like Trump in the presidency.

Really guys? Really?

I don't think y'all realise just how much the rest of the world is laughing at you for even making this guy a candidate. 

Some feel they only have the choice between him and an extreme advocate for mass-murder of children, who belongs to a party that from its founding has always advocated crimes against humanity in one way or other. IE Slavery, Segregation, Eugenics, Abortion.

Not A Real Name
18 minutes ago, EmilyAnn said:

Really guys? Really?

While Trump is a clown, Hilary is a criminal.  

The lesser of two evils is the clown.  

38 minutes ago, EmilyAnn said:

Really guys? Really?

How did you determine Hillary is not racist, not sexist and not insane egomaniac?  

2 hours ago, dUSt said:

I won't vote for Trump or Hillary but if someone was holding a gun to my head telling me I had to pick one it would have to be Trump.

I think the most important thing that will happen over the next four years is the selection of supreme court judges, and on that issue I trust Trump over Hillary to choose candidates more in line with Catholic teaching.

All of his other crazy ideas would have to pass congress so I'm not as concerned with them.

The thing is, a gun/scalpel is against the head of millions of unborn children.  

A vote for Hillary gives power to the political Party, Democrats, that stand for, promote, protect, and champion abortion as a right for mothers whilst killing children as inconvenient tissue. 

The "media" has helped create the lie that Democrats are the only political party that cares (while fostering the idea a fetus is not human).

I'm distraught that Trump is the only possible candidate option that will not solidify the political power of Democrats.   I'm also sickened that most people believe that government welfare, government control of health care, and other "caring" government programs are worth killing babies.

If people paid more attention to local politics, and were less willing to be duped, National politics would not be such a fiasco.

I normally don't comment on political issues because I hate debates, but I am genuinely concerned for the future of the United States with either of these candidates.  Coming from a background of studying dementia and aging, Trump seems like he has either early stages of dementia or another serious mental health issue.  His comments have been all over the place and extreme - it seems like he either likes someone or absolutely hates them and wants them dead.  I'm not the only one who thinks this, either, because a psychologist commented on how bad he appears in public and feels he needs psychological help.  At the very least, he is a dangerous narcissist who will worsen international relations.  I predict more terrorist attacks will occur because of his lack of diplomacy on handling the issues.  He has no business being in office, either, since he has no experience with politics.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/11/donald-trump-narcissism-therapists

Then, on the other side of the coin, you have an extreme liberal who encourages abortion and everything else the Church is against.  Our country is already going to h-e-l-l in a handbasket and she seems determined to get us there faster.  I could go on, but I think that sums it up well.

I've considered moving out of the USA, but I have no money and I love my job.  It really stinks to be stuck with these two horrible candidates.  :(

Edited by OnlySunshine
wrong word

Spem in alium

I am not American, but election stuff is often being discussed here. Frankly, I'm stunned at the whole situation. I am praying for America. In God we trust, yes? :)

dominicansoul

I'm not white and I don't think Trump is a racist. I'm a woman I don't think he's sexist.  I just think he's a blowhard.  He makes me laugh a lot.  I think a Trump presidency would be great laughs.  

What irks me is Hilary shouldn't even be the nominee!!!  

America has been murdering its unborn for 50 years.  We don't deserve any better than these two nominees... We deserve an invasion by ISIS, a tidal wave sending us all into the bottom of the ocean, bubonic plagues, locusts, rivers turning into blood, etc. etc. etc.

pray people

Green candidate just got arrested for protesting. Hillary should be arrested. Now Trump is being investigated for human trafficking at his hotels. We need to find some way to entice a better class of person to politics. Problem is those kind of people can't stand politics. 

<3 PopeFrancis
2 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

America has been murdering its unborn for 50 years.  

It doesn't mean it is ok.  It has never been okay.  Ever.  Ask Roe herself.

dominicansoul
13 minutes ago, <3 PopeFrancis said:

It doesn't mean it is ok.  It has never been okay.  Ever.  Ask Roe herself.

I agree.  In my poorly written post, I was merely trying to reflect what Pope John Paul said about "legal" abortion:   "A nation that kills its own children is a nation without hope."

doesn't surprise me we have the candidates we have... but in my opinion, Hilary is the worst because she has Planned Parenthood's back...

<3 PopeFrancis
Just now, dominicansoul said:

I agree.  In my poorly written post, I was merely trying to reflect what Pope John Paul said about "legal" abortion:   "A nation that kills its own children is a nation without hope."

doesn't surprise me we have the candidates we have... but in my opinion, Hilary is the worst because she has Planned Parenthood's back...

I'm really bad at politics and worse at political correctness  Forgive snappishness  I try to make it an instinct.  :coffee:  But I always come out snappish :frantics:

Just now, <3 PopeFrancis said:

Yes.  I agree.  and '"  ...One can judge the character of a society by how it treats "..the least of its members"'  "The family is the nucleus of the a cell."  

St. Mother Theresa, pray for us.