Jump to content
Ice_nine

For those who defend Trump

Recommended Posts

Ice_nine

Lol that escalated quickly.

I didn't imply that anyone here was racist. I was interested in what the Trump supporters here thought about it. I was hopeful that the response would be something along the lines of "well this is concerning, but . . ."

Instead y'all seemed mighty defensive. 

I asked a one word question. If you interpret that as loaded or accusatory, maybe your the one making unwarranted assumptions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nihil Obstat

:idontknow:I am not and never was a Trump supporter. But I have always thought that he is a far less evil option than Clinton was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quasar

I think talking about the "kinds of people" who support Trump reminds people of the condescending and judgemental way Hillary spoke about anyone who disagreed with her.  I don't mind, because it cost her the election (ha) but you have to wonder who told her that was a good campaign strategy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jack4
On 11/22/2016 at 10:27 AM, Ice_nine said:

These are the kind of people that also support him http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/richard-spencer-speech-npi/508379/

Thoughts?

 

Ah. The olde, olde association fallacy. 

 

13 hours ago, Socrates said:

 These sorts of guilt-by-association "XYZ horrible persons support Candidate X; therefore Candidate X is evil and we should support Candidate Y instead" "arguments" are generally garbage.

For what it's worth, Hillary Clinton was endorsed by the American Communist Party, NARAL and pretty much every baby-killing organization out there, groups with ties to radical Islamic groups, radical homosexual groups, and (interestingly enough) the Grand Dragon of the California KKK.

As the election is over, I'm really not sure what the point of your post/thread is.  I didn't support Trump in the GOP primary, and am not an across-the-board defender of everything he does, but I still have yet to see anything to make me regret that he rather than Hillary got the nomination, nor do I regret for a second voting for him to keep Hillary out of the White House.

Hillary lost.  Get over it.

Oh, didn't you know that all Republicans are Nazis and racists.  So it's very, very urgent that everybody vote Dem before the GOP resurrects Adolf Hitler, throws all the Jews in death camps, and re-institutes slavery!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dominicansoul

I was a prolife supporter. 

That means Hillary had to lose.  

I never saw anyone defending trump, it was more antagonizing Hilary.  Which is why I think she lost the election, people couldn't trust her and believed she was far worse for our country than loud mouth bombastic trump.  All the liberal meltdown you see after the election is caused by brainwashed people believeing the liberal calumny that was systematically aired over the media throughout this campaign. I'm sure most Americans do not believe trump is a racist just because he wants to fix illegal immigration.  And that time he spoke out against a "la raza" judge wasn't racist in the least.  I'm Hispanic and I can't stand the whole "la raza" mentality because IT IS racist!  (Minorities are guilty of racism too you know.) 

the liberal brainwashing continues.  You all can get your brains washed and continue to help spread the calumny or you can grow up and start thinking for yourselves.  

I think America finally did on election night... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peace
1 hour ago, dominicansoul said:

I was a prolife supporter. 

That means Hillary had to lose.  

I never saw anyone defending trump, it was more antagonizing Hilary.  Which is why I think she lost the election, people couldn't trust her and believed she was far worse for our country than loud mouth bombastic trump.  All the liberal meltdown you see after the election is caused by brainwashed people believeing the liberal calumny that was systematically aired over the media throughout this campaign. I'm sure most Americans do not believe trump is a racist just because he wants to fix illegal immigration.  And that time he spoke out against a "la raza" judge wasn't racist in the least.  I'm Hispanic and I can't stand the whole "la raza" mentality because IT IS racist!  (Minorities are guilty of racism too you know.) 

the liberal brainwashing continues.  You all can get your brains washed and continue to help spread the calumny or you can grow up and start thinking for yourselves.  

I think America finally did on election night... 

If you truly think that Trump's comments about the judge were not racist "in the least" then you are also brainwashed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhiteLily

I couldn't vote for either candidate. To be honest, I didn't vote in the Presidential election. I couldn't vote for Hillary because of her stance on life issues and I couldn't vote for Trump because of the immigration issues. There was a third party I wanted to vote for, but I decided not to vote at all. 

for those who think I am being apathetic, I am not. I exercised my right to vote by not voting. It would have violated my conscience to vote for Hilary, Trump or any other candidate for that matter. 

At the end of the day, let us continue to persevere in the fight for life from natural conception to natural death and fight for the dignity of all human persons. Let us thank God for the gift of life. The Lord is our shepherd. Nothing shall I want...(psalm 23).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quasar

@WhiteLily I think this election was really unusual and I can see why someone might have felt compelled to abstain.  

My mother voted but she did not vote for a presidential candidate.  She is a registered democrat who voted twice for Obama, has an advanced degree (supposedly Hillary's target demographic) and Hillary couldn't win her vote.  

Edited by Quasar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anomaly
14 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

Very informative, though a long read.  

Lots of thoughts on this, though I'm interested in Peace's thoughts if he has the time to read it.  

Its obvious most of us can't help adding a lot of emotional baggage AND fiddlers to what we say and what hear.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dominicansoul
5 hours ago, Peace said:

If you truly think that Trump's comments about the judge were not racist "in the least" then you are also brainwashed.

Or it could be liberals are brainwashed to believe every single thing is racist?

 

Here's something to chew on liberals:

 

http://linkis.com/24Aev

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dominicansoul
21 hours ago, Socrates said:

Oh, didn't you know that all Republicans are Nazis and racists.  So it's very, very urgent that everybody vote Dem before the GOP resurrects Adolf Hitler, throws all the Jews in death camps, and re-institutes slavery!

What I find humourous is the meltdown by liberals everywhere...who are basically believing their own crappy propaganda.  

An ultra-liberal coworker here had an emotional breakdown in the office the very next day after the election and started screaming "the KKK will knock my front door down!"  (She's white, btw.)

:blink:  Man, the Democrat Party sure did their part in scaring the population...except it only worked on their own peeps...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peace
2 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

Or it could be liberals are brainwashed to believe every single thing is racist?

It seems to me that both sides are brainwashed to a large extent. Two sides of the same coin. The left blindly accepts the narrative that the right comprises a bunch of money hungering racists who could care less about homeless people freezing in the streets. The right blindly accepts the narrative that the left comprises a bunch of Godless sodomites who love putting babies to death and taking hard-earned money out of your pocket.

Neither side seems to view the facts as they are because they are either blinded by or have an undue allegiance to a particular political party or ideology. The only difference is that one side is extremely skewed to the left, and the other side is extremely skewed to the right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nihil Obstat

That is an overly simplistic model. I view everyone as precocious hedonistic liberals who are too easily offended. :| 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peace
23 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

That is an overly simplistic model. I view everyone as precocious hedonistic liberals who are too easily offended. :| 

Wat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarbaraTherese
30 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

That is an overly simplistic model. I view everyone as precocious hedonistic liberals who are too easily offended. :| 

25r30wi.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dominicansoul
40 minutes ago, Peace said:

It seems to me that both sides are brainwashed to a large extent. Two sides of the same coin. The left blindly accepts the narrative that the right comprises a bunch of money hungering racists who could care less about homeless people freezing in the streets. The right blindly accepts the narrative that the left comprises a bunch of Godless sodomites who love putting babies to death and taking hard-earned money out of your pocket.

Neither side seems to view the facts as they are because they are either blinded by or have an undue allegiance to a particular political party or ideology. The only difference is that one side is extremely skewed to the left, and the other side is extremely skewed to the right.

I agree to this to some extent...but what we do with the brainwashing is vastly different... lol

Rarely do I see mobs of conservatives rioting in the streets and calling for the death of certain groups of people...

What happened to Pence for example, I doubt conservatives would ever do that to a liberal president or vice president.  And even if conservatives did such a thing, they would be reprimanded severely by the media.

It seems to me that liberals act out more aggressively than conservatives do.  What Trump did throughout his election...mouthing off stupid insults and putting his foot in his mouth was not what I would consider an example of an angry violent white supremacist.   Most of the hate I see these days comes from liberals...  the Black Lives Matter protests chanting death to cops (which proves effective by the way,) the way our Little Sisters of the Poor were treated by the media and liberal commentators, the way Scalia was scorched by the left at his passing, the way conservative women are called shame shames by liberal talking heads without fear of reprimand, the manner in which Trump supporters get beat up, the way all those "defenders" of Trump are called deplorables, bigots, homophobes, racists, misogynists, (when all we really wanted was to make sure Hilary LOST,) the entire "Trump won and now we are going to be overrun by Nazis, SS troops and the KKK" thing is really over the top paranoia and a real form of hateful characterization.  

So, perhaps both sides drink Koolaid, but liberals must have some hallucinogenic drugs mixed in theirs cos they get whacked out silly crazy... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×