An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jobs

Brother Adam

I am a mechanical engineer. Currently working on a defense satellite.

God has blessed me with such a great job. I have web access all day long! So I can be at phatmass all day long (well, when I'm not busy anyway).

revolutionoflove

I basically run the household and keep everything running smoothly. I used to specialize in changing diapers but I've been promoted to potty training. As such, my heavenly Boss wants me to spiritualize my daily activities, making me a at home missionary. Oh and during my lunch break I play webmaster of our site. My wallet is empty since I get paid in hugs and kisses. But my heart is full and that's what its all about!

I got my degree in Aerospace Engineering and now work as a civilian engineer for the Air Force at Eglin AFB, FL.  The AF is paying for me to work on my masters degree full time for the next year.  I have hardly posted since I started school because I no longer sit at a computer all day.

That's sweet!

My job is paying for my masters too! Although I haven't started yet. I've been accepted to one school already (Santa Clara U.). But I am applying to Stanford (say a prayer) for admission next fall. I've already been approved to take a non-degree class at Stanford. Maybe if I mop up the floor with this class, they won't resist my enterence into their degree program.

What will your masters degree be in.

I'm going for mine in Management Science and Engineering (it's like a cross between a pure Engineering degree and an MBA).

I will be taking "Investment Science" this fall.

Theologian in Training

Well, as my name implies, I am a Theologian in Training, a.k.a. seminarian studying for the priesthood. My boss is both loving and unrelenting, and when you leave Him for a little while, not only does He forgive you, He piles on more responsibility. Interesting how it works, really, but a fulfilling relationship nonetheless.

God Bless

Al is a liberal. He bashes conservatives.

Actually, in his book, he goes after conservative journalists that are lying (obviously, by the name of the book) and who don't back up their statement with facts, notes, etc.

And I'm glad that I'm reading this book. It is teaching me to be more careful of what journalists in general say and to look up their supposed sources.

Read the book. I think you'll be surprised.

I have my Master's in Social Work, and am currently working in Special Needs Foster Care and Adoption. I also have worked with Addictions, and Family Therapy.

I hate Social Work, but you got to eat!

peace...

I didn't think to mention my educational credentials. I received a Masters of Mass Communication from the University of South Carolina at Columbia in May 2002. So despite my having a Masters, I still lack employment. :angry: It was about a year between graduation and my finding my previous job (which was just a 10-week internship). In between those times, I had several interviews, all to no avail. So now that my 10-week internship is over with, I'm once again looking. I hope the interview I had on Friday works out. I'm sick of living at home and being bored!

littleflower+JMJ

Oh, and I teach 8th grade CCD.  Any other CCD teachers out there?  :ph34r:

oh yeah! represent!! hehe

yes, im a CCD teacher, first year one in fact, and will be starting this wednesday (tomorrow),

i'm praying because this year im taking on two classes (teacher shortage)

both 6th grade and 1st grade..

and usually they split up each grade level into two classes but they haven't been able to find another teacher....so it looks like im' getting ALL the 6th graders (i'm thinking its going to be like 30 kids) and to top it off with NO aid or help!

ouch!

oh well! with God anything is possible....

Go CCD teachers!!!!!

:D

I’m a social worker that works with children in foster care. Too much drama and stress :blink: I am hoping to one day get the job of bringing people to Christ and his Church. I also teach confirmation which I am bless to be able to do.

Isn't it so funny how we all work at completely different things and have completely different lives, and we can all get along and be friends?? We all revolve around ONE FAITH!!! How cool is that!!

revolutionoflove

I’m a social worker that works with children in foster care.  Too much drama and stress  :blink

Wow, Cure...it takes a special kind of person to do work like that! I don't think I could do it since I tend to get emotionally involved in situations like that. May God strengthen you in it!

BullnaChinaShop

What will your masters degree be in.

I am getting my masters in Aerospace Engineering with a specialization in dynamics and controls. I am attending a satellite campus of the University of Florida that is right outside the base.

Best of luck getting into Stanford for your masters.

Let's see ...

I have a BA in English from the University of Michigan with an expired Secondary Teaching Certificate. I started out to be a HS teacher ....

I'm currently a Business Services Analyst which is a fancy way of titling an English Major in a Tech Company. I currently do project management work for Wireless Services (pagers specifically) for the EDS/Dow Chemical Acct.

I'm not happy with it and want to be a Trainer again so I've went back to school and am 4 classes away from my Masters in Organizational Management.

I hope to one day find a teaching position at an online University or Community College.

Now the big question is, what will I be doing after Maternity Leave?