An Old School Catholic Message Board

Spinnest Habit?

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

What Order has the most dope Spin habit?  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='ForHimAlone' date='Sep 11 2005, 07:16 AM']Actually, I think the Sister Act movie portrayed the Carmelite habit wrong.  The Carmelites were a brown tunic and scapular with a black veil and a white wimple.  The Benedictines are ususally the ones with the black and white as seen in the movie.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
[right][snapback]719087[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[b]Therese[/b] also portrayed the Carmelites with black habits too. Maybe there are different branches of Carmelites?

I don't think the movie "Therese" actually did portray the habits as black, I think they were really brown, but I noticed that there seemed to be problems with the coloring in the movie (like the reels were messed up or something). If you go to Theresemovie.com you can see trailors which will clarify what the color was.

I don't think there are any carmelites at all who wear black habits.

i know a lot of Carmelite sisters, and none of them wear black.

Thank you ForHimAlone for the link, brought much peaceful rest to my crazy chorefilled weekend. The habits are spin? i suppose, but they are angelic to me.

SHALOM

Glad you enjoyed the pictures. They are certainly very beautiful habits, and it was really neat to see the Solemn Profession where the Sister received the black veil and that choir robe. It sure is something!

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Sep 11 2005, 05:35 PM']I really wish they had pictures of their ceremonies online. Maybe you could suggest that to them? Or is it supposed to be private?
[right][snapback]719646[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hmm... well, they do have some pictures of a nun at her Solemn Profession in the Vocations section. It's on like the 5th or 6th page, I think. There should be pictures of the document signing and the crowning. I'll maybe suggest that to Sister, though, if I remember.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I can't remeber what I voted, but the Poor Clare Colettines in Rockford were in the Diocean Newspaper!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/LausTibiChriste/PoorClaresDuck.jpg[/img]

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Sep 12 2005, 09:50 AM']Is their habit gray, Angela?
[right][snapback]720493[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Grey/Brown. It depends on what kind of fabric they can get.

[quote name='dUSt' date='Oct 1 2004, 10:11 AM']I think these habits are totally sweet:

[img]http://www.katolsk.no/nyheter/2002/08/30-0001s.jpg[/img]
[right][snapback]370251[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I would agree!!!!!!!!!!

No...I don't think so. During their novitiate they wear a plain white sari- similar to the picture above (slightly different and no blue stripes). But I'm not sure what the postulants wear.

[quote name='All For Jesus' date='Sep 13 2005, 11:51 AM']No...I don't think so. During their novitiate they wear a plain white sari- similar to the picture above (slightly different and no blue stripes).  But I'm not sure what the postulants wear.
[right][snapback]721818[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
The postulants wear a white shirt and a skirt.

• 4 weeks later...