An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bill Maher Brands Mel Gibson Anti-semitic

Dave

David Letterman didnt make fun of only those priests who abused children he made fun of priests in general making reference to all priests molesting children. What a way to kick a dog while its down.

Whoa my bad. Should of researced more. He(mel) does belongs to a group of "conservative catholics" that reject vatican II and the pope- according to belief.net.

Whoa my bad. Should of researced more. He(mel) does belongs to a group of "conservative catholics" that reject vatican II and the pope- according to belief.net.

Yup. Gibson even went so far as to describe the Vatican as a "wolf in sheep's clothing" in an interview.

Umm . . . If he's not against us, then he's with us right? Doesn't Jesus say that?

I don't know if Mel Gibson is or is not in communion with Rome. I have tried very, very hard to figure this out and nothing I have found is conclusive. Everything is always quotes without attributing to where the quote's source is so I cant' figure out if they are real quotes or not.

I do know that Mel Gibson has a devotion to the Latin Mass. I also know that Jim Caveziel attended mass every day in the little town where they were filiming the Movie and that the priest who celebrated the mass for them is in communion with Rome and has permission to celebrate the Latin Mass. Did Mel take communion? I don't know.

Also, in respect to his Father. A lot of us have Fathers who hold all sorts of crazy positions. I do. And quite frankly I hold to none of his crazy ideas. I believe the same liberty can be given to Mel Gibson. So what if his father is a nut, the real question is: Is Mel Gibson a nut?