An Old School Catholic Message Board

Spare Rooms In Houston?

dUSt

times new roman

12 font.

1 inch margins

MLA format

double space

no less than 5000 words (1000 words per paragraph)

include a coversheet with name, date and location.

Then of course a bibliography with the works you cited (you need at least 3 sources)

A couple of pictures (color, please!) of the space

Must have an introduction, three body paragraphs and a conclusion

State at least three reasons why they should choose YOU :D

State at least three reasons why they SHOULDN'T choose anyone else :rolleyes:

IcePrincessKRS

Then of course a bibliography with the works you cited (you need at least 3 sources)

A couple of pictures (color, please!) of the space

Must have an introduction, three body paragraphs and a conclusion

State at least three reasons why they should choose YOU :D

State at least three reasons why they SHOULDN'T choose anyone else :rolleyes:

No, not MLA, use Turabian formatting, make it tougher, most people don't know what Turabian is. First one to speak gets dibs on my Turabian book. ;) :P

IcePrincessKRS

I used to live in houston with my aunt

she owns the hobbit cafe B)

if your lookin for a good place to eat its right on richmond ave

Yeah, me too.

If anyone goes to the Hobbit eat a piece of Mousse cake for me! Or key lime pie! Or a wrap with grilled chicken and guacamole! Or a Lady Galadriel!

Ugh.... I'm making myself hungry..... :lol:

University of St THomas! I go to STM (St. THomas More School) fo shizzle. ( I think there is some association). u guyz can come to my place, but u gotta share 2 coaches.

IcePrincessKRS

ohhh my....

the smoothies....burgers....working all day while sipping on a corona...those were the days

I'm gettin' all teary eyed just thinking about it... only I never drank Corona, and didn't drink at all while I worked, I saved it for after my shift. Nice to relax after the bustle of the restaraunt and then go to the cooler and grab a drink before the ride home (yes RIDE, not DRIVE, I never drove ;) ).

Kilroy the Ninja

Why dUSt and Crew Should Stay with us for NCYC

Imagine yourself immersed in the culture that is Houston’s South East side. An old neighborhood beckons to you as you drive down a semi-narrow street and slow for the children playing a quick pick up b-ball game or street kick-ball. That’s where you would find yourself if you chose to stay with Don John of Austria and Kilroy the Ninja. Just this side of the tracks from the ‘hood or, as it’s affectionately known in Houston as, Sunnyside. It’s a nice, mostly quiet neighborhood filled with families who have been here for years. The reasons for staying here are as varied as the people who live here. I will touch on the key reasons thusly…

First of all, it would help me light a fire under Don John in getting some repairs done around here and it would truly motivate me to CLEAN THIS PLACE UP! I realize this isn’t a reason for you so much as it is for me, but I can promise you one thing: if I’m happy about the way things are going around here I’m more likely to post positive things…and so is Don John! And it would provide a truly clean, comfortable and cozy place for you all to stay - just in time for the weather to start changing to chilly.

Second, by staying here you would more than likely be poised to meet fellow (although rare) Phatmassers The Shover Robot and Xavier Blaise – and by actually meeting them you might entice them to make a return to Phatmass thus increasing your website traffic in a good way.

Third, and possibly the most important, it’s FREE, FREE, FREE! And your stay includes Kilroy’s Continental BreakfastTM which consists of eggs (made your way!), bacon, sausage, biscuits, pecan pancakes, toast, coffee, milk and fresh orange juice. Plus there is a possibility of those cute little soaps making an appearance and a cookie on your pillow.

That’s it. That’s all I have to add to the benefits you’ve already pointed out. I hope this helps. Ya’ll are all welcome to stay, but I will need a good deal of notice (like in the next week or so if possible), just to get some stuff into the storage barn and that sort of thing. We’d love to help out in anyway possible. Just give us a holler.

:ph34r:

IcePrincessKRS

Man... the breakfast alone would reason enough for me!

Trust a Lit major to actually write a mini-essay on why you guys should stay with her. (...unless my brain is fried and Kilroy didn't actually major in Lit.... but I thought she did....) :)

Kilroy the Ninja

No, you're right, as of right now I'm still a Lit major.

And IceP, if ya'll are ever in town the same goes for you. (Even though your aunt is here...we're open for breakfast!) Hey, breakfast here, dinner at the Hobbit...hmmm, sounds good to me!

IcePrincessKRS

No, you're right, as of right now I'm still a Lit major.

And IceP, if ya'll are ever in town the same goes for you.  (Even though your aunt is here...we're open for breakfast!)  Hey, breakfast here, dinner at the Hobbit...hmmm, sounds good to me!

I'll have to take you up on the offer sometime! When I go to Houston I'll be sure to let everyone know. ;)

cmotherofpirl

Don't make it sound too enticing or all of phatmass will show up. :D

I'll trade you my recipe for banana bread for the pecan pancakes :)

If we come to Beaumont for Thanksgiving I'll wave.