An Old School Catholic Message Board

Help Stop Female Genital Mutilation

Good Friday

Did you know about FGM prior to reading this?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:( :( *Sobs*

Where is the Nathan that I know and love? What have you done with him? Where did you go?

Where is the Nathan that started praying a Rosary for a child being baptized and decided to pray for him his whole life? Where is the Nathan that enlightened me?

Nathan, what happened?

:(  :( *Sobs*

Where is the Nathan that I know and love?  What have you done with him?  Where did you go?

Where is the Nathan that started praying a Rosary for a child being baptized and decided to pray for him his whole life? Where is the Nathan that enlightened me?

Nathan, what happened?

I second that.

What has happened?

CatholicAndFanatical

wow, what did I come into.

Personally I lost all respect when nathan said he is pro-choice. I find it really annoying how some people care so much about what happens in other countries, but yet can walk right past a homeless person living on the street without even thinking twice.

Nathan, are you aware that there are starving and dying kids in America, in your own town? Are you aware there are abused kids, unwanted kids in your own town? Are you also aware of the dying kids that are in all of our area's that are sitting in the hospital about to die?

Its a grave sin for you to care more about people halfway across the earth more than you do with the innocent children in your own back yard.

This is America, we are the best freaking country in the world. We shouldnt have hungry people in this country. We shouldnt have kids that get abused by their degenerate parents, we shouldnt have kids that are not wanted and are hated. But why do we have that in the great country of ours? Because people like you nathan, turn a blind eye to it. Some people would rather send money to africa to feed the hungry rather than take care of the hungry here FIRST, then when we are back in order, help other countries.

Get the priorities straight. When we are before God of the Universe he's going to say "You were so blessed" and Im going to say "Yes lord I was thank you for blessing me" - He's going to reply "If you was so blessed then how come more than 30,000 children die a year from abortion, hunger and abuse?" - I would say "Well they werent my kids God" And he would say - "No, they were mine"

God Bless,

CatholicAndFanatical

cmotherofpirl

So you agree its ok to chop up babies, but you're against african cultural practices?

one is murder one is not.

are you not capable of seeing the difference?

I second that.

What has happened?

He wants to sin.

So the way he gets around the fact sin is sin, he tries to say there is no God, and is not trying to wage war on God.

He says he doesn't believe in God now and doesn't care what Christ said...

He's trying to lie to himself... he says it to make himself believe it. He doesn't dare pray because it "brainwashes" him.

He knows there's a God, and Jesus was His Son.... hence the lashing out, and no prayer.

If he really didn't believe he wouldn't come here... unless to just cause problems, because he is mad at God for saying his sin is sin.

Of course he gave a different answer when I asked him why he came back... but it is clear as day to why... because he's mad at God... and the Church.

He fails to realize that he needs perserverance in things... he gives up to easy.... (this is about something he told me in IM).

nate,

You cannot love without God. You're digging a deep hole... a real deep one, hopefully when you open your eyes, you'll still be able to get out.

-ironmonk

It appears that the violence wedo to ourselves and to one another here in America is a far greater evil.

Yet, Nathan has also pointed out another evil in the world, which is also saddening and horrifying.

I trust in Our Lady's powerful intercession that Nathan will return to the Truth. He is intelligent, and uses his intellect.

How many of us here have never allowed our emotions or hormones to lead us astray? Would you care to cast the first stone?

Let's stop and say a prayer for all the women who'll be undergoing abortions today, who popped their pill this morning, who are filling their prescriptions for Lord knows what kind of fertility-suppressing drugs and devices...and let's remember the litle babies, whose lives will be snuffed out this day in the violent act of abortion...let's also think of the lines of little girls waiting to be mutliated...

Satan is laughing...blood is being shed...

Let us pray for our dear brother, Nathan, who we love and miss...whose Mother's Arms are longing to embrace him for all eternity...

Satan is laughing.

St. Michael, the Archangel.........

This is America, we are the best freaking country in the world. We shouldnt have hungry people in this country. We shouldnt have kids that get abused by their degenerate parents, we shouldnt have kids that are not wanted and are hated. But why do we have that in the great country of ours? Because people like you nathan, turn a blind eye to it. Some people would rather send money to africa to feed the hungry rather than take care of the hungry here FIRST, then when we are back in order, help other countries.

Although I agree that we need to set priorities, I do not agree that a person in the United States is somehow more important than a person in Africa. Maybe this is not what you're implying, but it's how it came across.

I've never really agreed with the "let's take care of our own before we help others" mentality. I think that every life, be it in a tribe in Africa, or a back alley in Dallas, is equal. Therefore, I don't have a problem at all when the U.S. spends billions of dollars helping other countries, even though we still have problems in our own.

Let's prioritize based on the atrocity of the act, not the geography.

ian paisely isn't related to brad paisely the country singer is he? I hope not...... :(

ian is in Ireland... part of the European parliment... a government official...

www.ianpaisley.org

then mine ;o) www.ianpaisley.net

Although I agree that we need to set priorities, I do not agree that a person in the United States is somehow more important than a person in Africa. Maybe this is not what you're implying, but it's how it came across.

I've never really agreed with the "let's take care of our own before we help others" mentality. I think that every life, be it in a tribe in Africa, or a back alley in Dallas, is equal. Therefore, I don't have a problem at all when the U.S. spends billions of dollars helping other countries, even though we still have problems in our own.

Let's prioritize based on the atrocity of the act, not the geography.

dUSt, you do agree with the principle of subsidiarity though, right?

It's the idea that those closest to the problem are the most equipped to handle it.

"The principle of subsidiarity, as first stated by Pope Pius XI in Quadragesimo Anno,2 and clarified by Pope John Paul II in Centesimus Annus, maintains that a society flourishes best when its citizens recognize that different social organizations have different tasks. "A community of a higher order should not interfere in the internal life of a community of a lower order, depriving the latter of its functions, but rather should support it in case of need and help to coordinate its activity with the activities of the rest of society, always with a view to the common good."3 The family, the church, the market, and the government each have different tasks in society. Accordingly, there is a difference in the lived experience of freedom in each."

This applies also to the idea that the United States Government (or citizens for that matter) does not necessarily know how to best handle the local problems in Sierra Leone. Hoever, this principle would certainly leave room for your idea of the US govt. giving money to help local people solve the problem.

dUSt, you do agree with the principle of subsidiarity though, right?

Yes, I do agree with the principle of subsidiarity. Totally. That's why I feel that the FGM problems in those countries can best be handled by those countries. If the U.S. can do something to help those countries, then I'm all for it.

It goes back to my original point that the U.S. needs to put and end to abortion (blatant immorality in our own country) before they try to impose morality on other countries.

My above reply to CatholicAndFanatical was simply stating that an American life has no more value than an African life. I believe all too often we fall into a mentality that because we're Americans, we are somehow obligated to value American lives more than the lives of others. That's all.