Good Friday Posted October 15, 2003 Author Posted October 15, 2003 I'm pro-choice, so I totally disagree with the abortion thing. But that's not the point. I choose to fight the battle of Female Genital Mutilation. Y'all choose to fight the battle of abortion, and hey, whatever floats your boats. My question is, why can you only fight the battle of abortion? Why can you not also fight the battle of FGM? Is it really necessary to stop one before we can try to stop the other? Can't y'all multi-task or something? When I was Catholic, I cared about a number of issues and decicated time to them all. The pro-life cause was one of them. Was I wrong for not devoting all of my time to the pro-life cause and devoting some of it to other worthy causes? I just don't understand why no one on this thread with the exception of Kilroy, Hyper, LTNgurl, and Freaky Chik cares much about this FGM thing. You don't think the petition will work? Fine. But would it kill you to sign it anyway?
jmjtina Posted October 15, 2003 Posted October 15, 2003 (edited) I'm sorry you feel that way about abortion. You say you're pro-choice? Well, it's thier choice to allow such a practice......so let them do it. Does that mean because they have the choice, it makes it right? NO!!! Don't you see you carry a double standard? When it comes to the MURDER of INNOCENT unborn babies , you'll let innocent babies die, mother's be victimized in your own backyard, turn a deaf ear, yet speak up for ppl across the world? What will Christ say to that? Mother Teresa once told an American who wanted to come and live in Calcutta and dedicate her life to the cause. She told her, "Go back home and take care of your of the evils that happen in your own backyard." The reason we fight for the unborn CONSTANTLY is because it's the evil that is killing our country......the war on the woman and the unborn. The war no one wants to acknowlgde. Peace and Love. Edited October 15, 2003 by jmjtina
Good Friday Posted October 15, 2003 Author Posted October 15, 2003 Not getting into the abortion discussion here. This thread is about Female Genital Mutilation. If someone wants to discuss abortion, please feel free to start a thread in the Debate Table and I may join you (or I may not). This thread was never intended for any kind of debate, it was intended to post a petition -- hence why I put it in Open Mic instead of the Debate Table. If someone wants to debate abortion, feel free. Do it here even, or you can do it in the Debate Table. If someone wants to debate FGM, feel free. Do it here even, or you can do it in the Debate Table. But I am not participating in anymore debate right now. I wanted to post this petition, I've done that. It's your choice whether or not to sign it. I signed it, I hope others will. The end.
jasJis Posted October 15, 2003 Posted October 15, 2003 (edited) Good Friday, You simply enrage me with your self-righteousness that cause you to take unwarrented pride in your own opinion. I grew up with 4 sisters and have two teenage daughters. I am not above, and have used physical violence to protect and support my sisters, mother, and daughter. I'm glad that you are spouting your vileness over the internet because I could not restrain myself in a Christian manner if we were face to face. You are supporting evil and have twisted it in your mind with doing good. Both genitalia mutilation, the pill, and abortion have something in common. It diminishes and demeans the inherent worth of a woman being female. Women are not men, men are not women. You don't see the hypocrasy of your statements. You have an idea and and opinion and want to force it on others. US econimic sanctions is forced will just like the men who are forcing abortions, birth control, and genital mutilation. You've finally reached the point that you disgust and seriously offend me. [edited by dUSt because of an unnecessary personal attack] Greg, Brother to Connie, Mydge, DeDe, and Lori. Father to Jessica and Natalie. Husband of Sharon. Son of Margaret. Grandson of Lillian and Harriet. Edited October 16, 2003 by dUSt
ironmonk Posted October 15, 2003 Posted October 15, 2003 nate, [edited by dUSt for personal attacks] Maybe everyone here would like to know why you stay on the board? What is the definition of a fool? If there is no God, then FGM is not wrong, it's might makes right... "Don't kill Iraqi's that are trying to kill you or kill other people in their country, but please kill a few tribal men for FGM" --- what do they call it when someone is a contradiction to themselves? -ironmonk
Azriel Posted October 15, 2003 Posted October 15, 2003 Deep breathes guys, please. Not that I don't understand your outrage. I do. But, I worry. There should be no need for heartattacks up in here.
Jake Huether Posted October 15, 2003 Posted October 15, 2003 The "unsanitary" conditions of male circumcision pales in comparison to Female Genital Mutilation And Female Genital Mutilation pales in comparison to abortion. I totally understand where you're coming from. But I see that you are doing exactly what you are mad at dUSt for doing! Sure, we should strive to stop ALL abominable acts. But where do we begin? You say, "forget about unsanitary male circumcision" because it is less important than FGM. But yet, you are attacking us for saying - in sum - "forget about FGM" because it's less important than abortion. Either we start at the top: abortion. or we start at the bottom: things like unsanityary male circumcision. But you are suggesting starting in the middle ground, simply becuase it has touched a nerve. Hey, there are also tribal sects that force girls to wear lip plates! Let's start there. Or how about we start at the abomination of ritualistic rapes in certain countries. We should pluck the LOG of abortion out of our own eyes befor we barge in on other "abominable" culturs. At leat they don't kill millions of innocent babies yearly.
Jake Huether Posted October 15, 2003 Posted October 15, 2003 I'm pro-choice, so I totally disagree with the abortion thing Dude, where's the virtual KO button when you need it. So, you are all for WOMEN having a choice to KILL / MURDER / RIP HEADS OFF / CRUSH SKULLS / COMPLETLY SEPERATE THE LEGS, ARMS, VAGINA, ET ALL FROM THE BODY. Yet, you come in hear and tell us MEN and WOMEN don't have a CHOICE to circumcise their daughters. For the Love of God, Nathan, ... I'm praying for you, and pinching my tongue very hard right now...
BLAZEr Posted October 15, 2003 Posted October 15, 2003 Actually, I think we should go a step higher and start castrating the pigs until they stop mutilating their women. But that's just me. Oh Yeah, that makes sense. "I oppose the senseless and destructive mutilation of women, however I hereby support the senseless and destructive mutilation of men." Ummm . . . are you seeking justice or this just the latest fad . . . "People of the World Unite and stope femalie mutilation." Did you read about this in some magazine? And by the way, FYI: The first groups to start exposing this barbaric (yes I think its barbaric) practice were Catholic Missionaries in these countries. If it wasn't for the fact that the Church has been sending people to Africa to help them learn about God, you wouldn't even know about this practice. What we need to do is impose economic sanctions on governments that allow or turn a blind eye to the practice. In the following countries, 90% or more women are subjected to FGM: Djibouti, Ethiopia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, and Sudan. Are you nuts? Look at the list of countries you submitted. They are the poorest and most mismanaged and oppressed countries in Africa. If we impose sanctions on these countries their poor will starve to death and die! Do you really think starving them to death is better than allowing Femal Genital Mutilation? You must be the most intolerant and insensitive person in the world if you seriously believe this is a solution.
Dave Posted October 15, 2003 Posted October 15, 2003 (edited) All right, Nathan, I know I said I wasn't going to get involved, but now I gotta open my mouth. I've thought about it, and now I'm afraid I have to agree with dUSt, Max, Jake, etc. I shouldn't have signed that petition after all. Yes, female genital mutilation is horrible. But abortion is far worse! Ever heard the saying, "Charity begins at home"? Well, it means we have to start by showing charity to those in our own backyard in order for us to truly be able to show it to those far off. And the U.S. really needs a lesson in charity toward the most defenseless -- the unborn! And I'm really sorry to hear that you think it's OK to kill babies. Nate, you know I love ya, but I find it hypocritical when you advocate protecting women from certain barbaric practices yet at the same time advocate FAR WORSE barbaric practices. I know you say you don't want prayers, but I'm doing it anyway. You're putting your soul in danger. And before you start accusing us of being intolerant and uncaring, let me remind you that all this time you've been demanding tolerance and yet offering none. Edited October 15, 2003 by Dave
marielapin Posted October 15, 2003 Posted October 15, 2003 :( *Sobs* Where is the Nathan that I know and love? What have you done with him? Where did you go? Where is the Nathan that started praying a Rosary for a child being baptized and decided to pray for him his whole life? Where is the Nathan that enlightened me? Nathan, what happened?
Azriel Posted October 15, 2003 Posted October 15, 2003 *Sobs* Where is the Nathan that I know and love? What have you done with him? Where did you go? Where is the Nathan that started praying a Rosary for a child being baptized and decided to pray for him his whole life? Where is the Nathan that enlightened me? Nathan, what happened? I second that. What has happened?
CatholicAndFanatical Posted October 15, 2003 Posted October 15, 2003 wow, what did I come into. Personally I lost all respect when nathan said he is pro-choice. I find it really annoying how some people care so much about what happens in other countries, but yet can walk right past a homeless person living on the street without even thinking twice. Nathan, are you aware that there are starving and dying kids in America, in your own town? Are you aware there are abused kids, unwanted kids in your own town? Are you also aware of the dying kids that are in all of our area's that are sitting in the hospital about to die? Its a grave sin for you to care more about people halfway across the earth more than you do with the innocent children in your own back yard. This is America, we are the best freaking country in the world. We shouldnt have hungry people in this country. We shouldnt have kids that get abused by their degenerate parents, we shouldnt have kids that are not wanted and are hated. But why do we have that in the great country of ours? Because people like you nathan, turn a blind eye to it. Some people would rather send money to africa to feed the hungry rather than take care of the hungry here FIRST, then when we are back in order, help other countries. Get the priorities straight. When we are before God of the Universe he's going to say "You were so blessed" and Im going to say "Yes lord I was thank you for blessing me" - He's going to reply "If you was so blessed then how come more than 30,000 children die a year from abortion, hunger and abuse?" - I would say "Well they werent my kids God" And he would say - "No, they were mine" God Bless, CatholicAndFanatical
cmotherofpirl Posted October 15, 2003 Posted October 15, 2003 So you agree its ok to chop up babies, but you're against african cultural practices? one is murder one is not. are you not capable of seeing the difference?
cmotherofpirl Posted October 15, 2003 Posted October 15, 2003 http://www.religioustolerance.org/fem_cirm.htm
ironmonk Posted October 15, 2003 Posted October 15, 2003 I second that. What has happened? He wants to sin. So the way he gets around the fact sin is sin, he tries to say there is no God, and is not trying to wage war on God. He says he doesn't believe in God now and doesn't care what Christ said... He's trying to lie to himself... he says it to make himself believe it. He doesn't dare pray because it "brainwashes" him. He knows there's a God, and Jesus was His Son.... hence the lashing out, and no prayer. If he really didn't believe he wouldn't come here... unless to just cause problems, because he is mad at God for saying his sin is sin. Of course he gave a different answer when I asked him why he came back... but it is clear as day to why... because he's mad at God... and the Church. He fails to realize that he needs perserverance in things... he gives up to easy.... (this is about something he told me in IM). nate, You cannot love without God. You're digging a deep hole... a real deep one, hopefully when you open your eyes, you'll still be able to get out. -ironmonk
Anna Posted October 15, 2003 Posted October 15, 2003 It appears that the violence wedo to ourselves and to one another here in America is a far greater evil. Yet, Nathan has also pointed out another evil in the world, which is also saddening and horrifying. I trust in Our Lady's powerful intercession that Nathan will return to the Truth. He is intelligent, and uses his intellect. How many of us here have never allowed our emotions or hormones to lead us astray? Would you care to cast the first stone? Let's stop and say a prayer for all the women who'll be undergoing abortions today, who popped their pill this morning, who are filling their prescriptions for Lord knows what kind of fertility-suppressing drugs and devices...and let's remember the litle babies, whose lives will be snuffed out this day in the violent act of abortion...let's also think of the lines of little girls waiting to be mutliated... Satan is laughing...blood is being shed... Let us pray for our dear brother, Nathan, who we love and miss...whose Mother's Arms are longing to embrace him for all eternity... Satan is laughing. St. Michael, the Archangel.........
CatholicAndFanatical Posted October 15, 2003 Posted October 15, 2003 Defend Us. Amen Anna. how sad it is :(
ironmonk Posted October 15, 2003 Posted October 15, 2003 I pray for nate like I pray for jack chick, ian paisley, pastor ed rice, etc... God Bless, ironmonk
jmjtina Posted October 15, 2003 Posted October 15, 2003 In battle and be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. Thanks, Anna.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now