An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Am So Sad

Lil Red

Well, I just heard that the Cubs lost. They s**k! I'm so peeved! They had it in the bag and they blew it. What losers! :angry: :angry: :angry::angry::angry:

okay, maybe i should have titled this, "I am so angry!"

oh well. I'm peeved.

Vera, please don't rub it in my face! :(

I just saw the ending of the game, I was rooting for the Cubs to win. I wanted a Cubs vs Yankees match up.

Though I'm not a big fan of Baseball, I may get into it more again like I was as a child.

Guest VölligChristi

I've been a Cub fan since i was about 8 years old and I remember when they went to the playoffs in '89. I've been with 'em through thick and thin since then. I'm sad that they didn't make it to the WS this year, but I'm proud of how they did this year. Dusty has brought hope to the team...and I see many promising years for the Cubbies.

Völlig Christi

Awwwww, man! I don't get to rub it in, Jess!

Just once:.................................

The MARLINS BEAT THEM TO A PULP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever, life goes on!

ryanmeyersmusic

i feel sorry for the guy. watch the replay, anyone who could have reached that thing would have, he just happened to be the one that did. poor guy couldn't even go to work.

convincing a cubs fan that he cost them the series might drive the guy to suicide. really.

poor dude...

ryan, good point. If it would have been my husband (he's a life long Cubbies fan) he would be so depressed. My husband's actually not as upset as I am about this.

That fan had nothing to do with the Cubs losing. Did you stop and consider that if Gonzo had not bobbled the ball they could have turned the double play and ended the inning? I'm mean really, look at all the pictures that have been shown of this guy reaching for the ball. How many of the other fans around him were sitting on their hands? 99.9% of all baseball fans would have done the same thing. It seems a bit petty to blame a fan as the reason for the Cubs losing the series. There are a host of reasons, but some just want to blame it on the easiest scapegoat.